diy solar

diy solar

EG4-6500 not switching to utility

EPicTony

Solar Enthusiast
I have the battery type set to EG4, comms are fine to the batteries.
I have parameter 12 set to 20%. My batteries are now at 10% and it never switched over to utility.
After looking at the charts from solar assistant I now see that it did switch over to utility at 20% BUT after 45 minutes it switched back to battery (battery SOC 19% :confused:).
Parameter 13 is set to 50% for going from utility back to battery so at 19%SOC it should have stayed on utility. Weird.
Any ideas ????

Last edited:
Do you have the power management feature of SA enabled?
I've since switched to battery type "USE" and yes I'm using the power management in SA. I now understand that once the EG4 hits parameter 12 (switch to grid), it's gonna stay on grid until it hits parameter 13 (switch back to battery).
The system is working great now with no issues. Also the latest firmware has seemingly fixed the flicker problem I was having with my LED lights. I'm on battery now with little solar, I hope when the solar comes back and the battery is getting a strong charge that the flicker does not come back. We will see and I'll report my findings.

I now understand that once the EG4 hits parameter 12 (switch to grid), it's gonna stay on grid until it hits parameter 13 (switch back to battery).
Correct. It has that memory "function" which can be nice, but can also be annoying if you don't know what's going on. Would be nice if there was some kind of log.

The system is working great now with no issues. Also the latest firmware has seemingly fixed the flicker problem I was having with my LED lights. I'm on battery now with little solar, I hope when the solar comes back and the battery is getting a strong charge that the flicker does not come back. We will see and I'll report my findings.
Great to hear! Looking forward to hearing of your results. Thanks!

Correct. It has that memory "function" which can be nice, but can also be annoying if you don't know what's going on. Would be nice if there was some kind of log.

Great to hear! Looking forward to hearing of your results. Thanks!
Reduced flicker with the latest firmware ! Still there but less.

Back