diy solar

diy solar

EG4 batteries in California

Wilde

Planning out my system and would like to use EG4 batteries here in California. No EG4 products are listed in the approved battery list. I'm guessing, but I want to make sure, that means I can't use any of their batteries in my system plan and get it approved here?

I am in CA. San Diego. I have gone over CEC website many times. CEC listing is required for anything that will be connect to grid for backup. If a strictly off grid system, then CEC listing not required. It is my understanding that if equipment is not CEC listed then not eligible for CA self generation rebates either.

I would advise that grid tied batteries be CEC listed and preferably UL 9540 and even UL9540a if connected to supported inverter. The UL listing lets you work around the NFPA855 limits of ESS units.

If off grid and being inspected, then UL9540 listing should be tagged on the battery for inspector.

If not getting inspected, have at it. Just don't let your homeowner's insurance find out about it.

I would advise that grid tied batteries be CEC listed and preferably UL 9540 and even UL9540a
UL 9540A is a fire safety standard for batteries. You can get 9540A listing without having 9540.

UL 9540 is a system UL spec for very specific combinations of batteries and inverters. I don't think you can get 9540 unless the batteries have 9540A.

I don't think you can get on the CEC list without both of these.

I believe all of the EG4 48V batteries have 9540A
There are configurations of the 18KPV + EG4 LL batteries that have 9540 certification
There are also configurations of the 18Kpv + EG4 Wall Mount batteries that have 9540 certification.

I am pretty sure the CEC listing for the configurations with 9540 is in the works.

I think the Pytes Ebox is CEC listed and UL9540a and UL9540 with the EG4. It is listed with the Luxpower which is the EG4.

Currently: CEC on the 18kpv, UL9540 and UL9540A on the PowerPro battery.
CEC on the server rack batteries
Pending: CEC on the PowerPro battery.

I expect to be able to update this before thanksgiving
What model or models is/are batteries under CEC, i cannot locate them via model or manufacturer under battery section, I was only able to locate 18kpv in inverter section.

To glandpuck:
I found ebox on CEC site, thanks for the suggestion.

What model or models is/are batteries under CEC, i cannot locate them via model or manufacturer under battery section, I was only able to locate 18kpv in inverter section.

To glandpuck:
I found ebox on CEC site, thanks for the suggestion.
Our new Power Pro batteries are now listed under CEC! Check them out in the battery section, and let me know if you have any questions!

If you simply go the CEC website, you will easily locate the page that lists all CEC components and can search by inverters, batteries, solar panels. Also by manufacturer. If its on the list, its good. If not on the list, find out when it will be and purchase at that time. CEC listing doesn't necessarily require all NFPA or UL certifications in every case. It means it is approved for connection to the utility grid in California and eligible for rebates if any apply.

Really? In the CEC list I see the Shanghai Pytes ebox as an ESS with "Fortress" (Sol Ark) , but not LuxPower...
Please look for manufacturer stackrackbattery. They are CEC for the Pytes Ebox and Luxpower 12k. They are also UL9540a and 9540. I know this for a fact because I have these units in my possession with all certifications clearly marked upon them for the inspectors.

Please look for manufacturer stackrackbattery. They are CEC for the Pytes Ebox and Luxpower 12k. They are also UL9540a and 9540. I know this for a fact because I have these units in my possession with all certifications clearly marked upon them for the inspectors.
Where did you source these? Their website didn't list any pricing.

Well, I was looking for the PowerPro or any EG4 batteries on the CEC list. All I see on the PowerPro link is a 1973 cert for LL batteries? Shouldn't I be seeing EG4 on the list below where the red line is? Or are we still awaiting a CEC website update? They should have done an update today.View attachment 177559
EG4 are now under ESS as well, but not in any model numbers that we are aware of, but the description gives you some hint of what they are consist of. https://solarequipment.energy.ca.go...nics+LLC&ModelNameID=-1&Submit=Search&Rows=25

Back