diy solar

diy solar

EG4 battery charging parameters

SolarScott

Solar Enthusiast
I only use the "Use" setting on my EG4 6000 inverters charging my Lifepower 4 batteries. 56.2 volts has been the setting I use for bulk and 54 volts for float. Ever since I added two additional batteries I don't believe they have all been charged equally to the max. One always seems to lag a little behind in charge. The last couple of days while I was here to observe them, I bumped the bulk to 56. 5 and float to 54.4. After they all showed "full" I reset parameters back to 56.2 and 54. This seems to have helped equalize them all and I actually made it through the night on battery, even with the mini split in the bedroom running all night. To maximize battery life any suggestions on good setting to leave them on, or do you just need to kick em in the pants every now and then?

I only use the "Use" setting on my EG4 6000 inverters charging my Lifepower 4 batteries. 56.2 volts has been the setting I use for bulk and 54 volts for float. Ever since I added two additional batteries I don't believe they have all been charged equally to the max. One always seems to lag a little behind in charge. The last couple of days while I was here to observe them, I bumped the bulk to 56. 5 and float to 54.4. After they all showed "full" I reset parameters back to 56.2 and 54. This seems to have helped equalize them all and I actually made it through the night on battery, even with the mini split in the bedroom running all night. To maximize battery life any suggestions on good setting to leave them on, or do you just need to kick em in the pants every now and then?
Since you don't use battery communication...keeping the settings conservative is good.

Back