diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Communications Hub & Sol-Ark 15K

MaikaiLifeDIY

Solar Enthusiast
I've searched the forums but I'm not able to find a description of what the Sol-Ark receives from the communication hub. In my Sol-Ark from what I can tell it simply sees one large battery which increases in amp hours by increments of 100 as I add additional LifePower4 batteries. Is the Sol-Ark supposed to be able to see each battery and its details or just one massive battery?

Also, does the usage of the hub import all the settings needed for the Sol-Ark to properly discharge/charge the batteries, is there any additional information that must be configured in the Sol-Ark for the LifePower4 batteries?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Mine just sees it as one big battery and the SOC is the average SOC of all the individual packs.

@robby that at least confirms that we’re seeing the same thing.

Another question does the PV Pro app show anywhere what the estimated runtime is when on battery? My Victron system shows this in near real-time but I can’t find it anywhere either on the display of the Sol-Ark or in the PV Pro app?

Nope, I have never seen it in PV Pro but Solar Assistant does show it.
The problem and why I think PV Pro did not add it is because the numbers are useless unless the load level is continuous.
I can see 12 hours on SA but the moment I put toast in the toaster it drops down to 10 hours.
If the AC compressor is running I get one set of numbers, when the compressor shuts down it recalculates another set of numbers.

I think PV Pro only has a 15-minute collection interval also which is a bummer. I'm just waiting on my splitter thing so I can hook up my SolarAssistant and possibly kick the PV Pro app to the curb.

I think PV Pro only has a 15-minute collection interval also which is a bummer. I'm just waiting on my splitter thing so I can hook up my SolarAssistant and possibly kick the PV Pro app to the curb.
5 Minutes but it's still way to long for real time info.

PV Pro has way better graphing and analysis than SA. You might want to keep both.

There isn't much software that will allow you to troubleshoot an inverter like PV Pro, even with the five-minute data intervals.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the answer is no. Bummer.

I just got an EG4 Communications Hub and hooked it up to my Sol-Ark 15K. I can see the battery data on the screen, is there a way to see the actual individual battery data (SoC, errors, health, etc) from the Sol-Ark?

EDIT: Never mind, looks like the answer is no. Bummer.

I just got an EG4 Communications Hub and hooked it up to my Sol-Ark 15K. I can see the battery data on the screen, is there a way to see the actual individual battery data (SoC, errors, health, etc) from the Sol-Ark?
Not with the EG4 LifePower4 batteries, unless someone knows a way for each battery to speak CANBUS to the Sol-Ark, which the battery app kinda looks like maybe someone with the right tweak could get it to work, or maybe the options are just there because the battery app (EG4 Battery Firmware App thingy) works for multiple EG4 batteries and so it shows more than what is available for some of the lower models such as the LifePower4 batteries.

Back