diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Initial Battery Charging

Rafagus

I got my new system in, two 3K controllers and three EG4 batteries, and it includes a separate battery charger that I was told is for the initial setup. I think I'm to fully charge each of my three batteries one at a time prior to commissioning the system. I just want to make sure I've got the one at a time piece correct?

Thanks!

Yes definitely charge each one individually to 100% SOC. This will ensure each battery is top balanced whenever you install all 3 into a bank together. After you build your battery bank. Turn on the batteries while all connected together in parallel and let them idle all together for a few hours, this will equalize the capacity of the entire bank and also passive balance the cells in all 3 batteries giving you the most balanced bank. Every time you charge back up this bank go to 100% SOC every time if possible.

When you charge each battery separately, after you hit 100%, keep charging for at least a few hours to top balance the individual cells in the battery.

You can charge them separately or together.
The important thing is that they are close to the same voltage when you connect them in parallel.

Back