diy solar

diy solar

EG4 LL-S batteries - scratched LCD displays from EG4 / Signature Solar

floridafraze

I recently received three EG4 LL-S batteries from Signature Solar. All boxes were pristine and undamaged on the outside. The same with all the interior packing - pristine. However, for all three batteries the plastic on the LCD display windows were all scratched up and marked up (see attached). There was no temporary peel-off plastic over any of them. The displays seem to turn on and work properly. I'm still in the process of installing everything so I haven't given them a complete testing to verify functionality.

When I first looked at them I questioned whether EG4 might be sending reconditioned units, but so far appearance-wise the rest of the cases look absolutely brand new.

Signature Solar was reasonable and offered a respectable compensation for 'cosmetic damage' and that's fine. Good on them.

1. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their EG4 LL-S units?
2. Is there any way (once I get things up and running) to maybe look at the BMS history and see if they already have any hours logged on them? Or, is that something that could just easily be erased (like turning an old car's odometer back) and there's no way to tell?

(I hate to be so distrustful and suspicious!)

Thanks for any comments.

ff

Attachments

• display off 1.jpg
    display off 1.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 15
  • display off 2.jpg
    display off 2.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 15
  • display off 3.jpg
    display off 3.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 15
My LCD display simply falls out. They have some sticky to hold it in place. While only cosmetic, I am amazed for the price you pay for EG4 batteries that you get scratched displays or they just fall out.

I recently received three EG4 LL-S batteries from Signature Solar. All boxes were pristine and undamaged on the outside. The same with all the interior packing - pristine. However, for all three batteries the plastic on the LCD display windows were all scratched up and marked up (see attached). There was no temporary peel-off plastic over any of them. The displays seem to turn on and work properly. I'm still in the process of installing everything so I haven't given them a complete testing to verify functionality.

When I first looked at them I questioned whether EG4 might be sending reconditioned units, but so far appearance-wise the rest of the cases look absolutely brand new.

Signature Solar was reasonable and offered a respectable compensation for 'cosmetic damage' and that's fine. Good on them.

1. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their EG4 LL-S units?
2. Is there any way (once I get things up and running) to maybe look at the BMS history and see if they already have any hours logged on them? Or, is that something that could just easily be erased (like turning an old car's odometer back) and there's no way to tell?

(I hate to be so distrustful and suspicious!)

Thanks for any comments.

ff
Hello @floridafraze ! I'm so sorry that this is how you received your batteries! These were brand new and not refurbs?! If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I would love to look into this, find out how this happened and get you taken care of!

for all three batteries the plastic on the LCD display windows were all scratched up and marked up... I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this with their EG4 LL-S units?

My LL-S units were fine, but the inverter screen was scratched (brand new 6000xp). I thought it was the plastic film cover, but when I removed it, the scratches were still there :(.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    455.8 KB · Views: 10
Hello @floridafraze ! I'm so sorry that this is how you received your batteries! These were brand new and not refurbs?! If you'd like to reach out to me at engagement@signaturesolar.com, I would love to look into this, find out how this happened and get you taken care of!
He says that he was compensated by SS for the scratches. I would think that he is good to go.
but I am curious about your refurb batteries, got a web page on that?

He says that he was compensated by SS for the scratches. I would think that he is good to go.
but I am curious about your refurb batteries, got a web page on that?
Hi! Any refurbished units we receive are posted here: https://signaturesolar.com/shop-all/clearance/
They are only posted when we have had a return that has been repaired, but it doesn't look like we have any available at this time.

Last edited:
Back