diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL (V2) Integration with Schneider Insight Home

As a quick update: I've been working with Signature Solar support for like two months now on this.

This first set of batteries I was asked to RMA because they believed there was a hardware issue with the BMS and I then received a new set of V2 batteries which have the UL Listed sticker on them and 64 dip switch options.

The new batteries have the exact same behavior and issue. They keep sending me new software updates and settings to try none of which work.

They're now offering to RMA the batteries again... Their support is trying their best but this is pretty frustrating at this point.

@SignatureSolarPeyton can you get some extra resources devoted to this?

As a quick update: I've been working with Signature Solar support for like two months now on this.

This first set of batteries I was asked to RMA because they believed there was a hardware issue with the BMS and I then received a new set of V2 batteries which have the UL Listed sticker on them and 64 dip switch options.

The new batteries have the exact same behavior and issue. They keep sending me new software updates and settings to try none of which work.

They're now offering to RMA the batteries again... Their support is trying their best but this is pretty frustrating at this point.

@SignatureSolarPeyton can you get some extra resources devoted to this?
I completely understand how this could be frustrating. I've actually been talking back and forth with Tech Support management about the issue and we do have firmware for the 6 dip switch models that is supposed to fix the issue. If you can email peyton@signaturesolar.com, I can get you taken care of.

Last edited:
I completely understand how this could be frustrating. I've actually been talking back and forth with Tech Support management about the issue and we do have firmware for the 6 dip switch models that is supposed to fix the issue. If you can email peyton@signaturesolar.com, I can get you taken care of.
This is just absurd. I had stopped following this thread but just gave it another look. This just goes to show you guys are just giving us the run around and really have no idea what's going on. @SignatureSolarPeyton , you got me over to RMA to send back my original V2 batteries back in mid-March and I haven't sent them back yet because to be honest, I have no reason to suspect my experience will be any different. Bitter experience has shown that I'm just being used for R&D, much like @cjinx123456 and @Matruco have experienced. And now come to find, that even if I do get the new V2 batteries with 6 dip switch option, you still can't assure me the issue is going to be resolved. No firmware is available for the LL V2 on the EG4 site, yet again. Been at this now over 4 months. I want my money back, and equally as important, all the time I've wasted.

@SignatureSolarJames

The EG4-LL V2s were broken out of the box in terms of BMS monitoring more than one while connected in (communication) series. Several people found "work arounds" that involved parallel wiring. Took me hours of fiddling with it. Signature tech support did eventually tell me "known issue". Aggravating to buy product with "known issues" and not at least get a list of bugs...

Is there new firmware for these now? What issues does that firmware fix? A change log of firmware would be amazing.

@Shire222 @Matruco I was just able to get this working finally after a new firmware update released today!

Thanks Signature Solar for figuring this out!
Hello all,
I can confirm that this new firmware update does fix the communication issue with the insight home. I can now see all my batteries connected to the "main battery" on the insight home BMS screen. I have the 4 dip switch EG4LL V2 batteries. I will give it a couple of day to see how they perform with the new firmware. Thank you @SignatureSolarChris @SignatureSolarJames @SignatureSolarJarrett @SignatureSolarPeyton @SignatureSolarTech @BenFromSignatureSolar

I have the 4 dip switch EG4LL V2 batteries. I will give it a couple of day to see how they perform with the new firmware.
Can you outline the dip switch settings (or take a photo), just to confirm? Thanks for the update. Good to hear it got fixed.

Can you outline the dip switch settings (or take a photo), just to confirm? Thanks for the update. Good to hear it got fixed.
Here is a picture of the main battery 4 dip switch

Attachments

• IMG_9787.jpeg
    IMG_9787.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 17
I had reached out to Peyton who cc'd support, but unfortunately didn't hear back from support. This past Monday I noticed EG4 website posted a Schneider fix for EG4-LL v2 4dip/6dip units and sent follow up email to SS asking to confirm. <edit>SS Tech did confirm the firmware yesterday in email, but I missed it in my inbox</edit>. Last night I followed the pdf instructions and successfully updated unit #1 (UL v2 6dip). I changed ID back to 1, reattached battery comms, reset BMS, and InsightHome appears to be properly monitoring all six batteries. I've ran some tests and InsightHome BMS is reporting the same battery current draw as XW Pro (within ~10W).

Last edited:
@Markus_SignatureSolar - has SS resolved the BMS communication issues for EG4-LL V2 batteries (mine are 6-pin) when configured in series communication? I've read the firmware notes on these, they seem particular to other monitoring applications.

I had reached out to Peyton who cc'd support, but unfortunately didn't hear back from support. This past Monday I noticed EG4 website posted a Schneider fix for EG4-LL v2 4dip/6dip units and sent follow up email to SS asking to confirm. <edit>SS Tech did confirm the firmware yesterday in email, but I missed it in my inbox</edit>. Last night I followed the pdf instructions and successfully updated unit #1 (UL v2 6dip). I changed ID back to 1, reattached battery comms, reset BMS, and InsightHome appears to be properly monitoring all six batteries. I've ran some tests and InsightHome BMS is reporting the same battery current draw as XW Pro (within ~10W).
This Fixes Schneider Communication Problems with the insight home and the insight Facility> https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eg4-ll-v2-and-schneider-close-loop-communication.62306/

Back