diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new AIO rated 12K output and 18kPV aka "EG4-18Kpv-12LV"

Last edited:
Back when 247watts was shaking up the market with the luxpower for real low prices, I put myself on the "waitlist" when it would become available again:

Today I received their long awaited email: </s>
View attachment 199069
But when I clicked on the provided link:

View attachment 199070

<s>
It seems there isn't going to be a price war with this product
</s>
That's too bad. I was hoping. When I click the link I don't get the error page you did. Instead I get an empty page with Watts247 header and footer. So maybe he is working on it. I have seen this problem before with their website.

That's too bad. I was hoping. When I click the link I don't get the error page you did. Instead I get an empty page with Watts247 header and footer. So maybe he is working on it. I have seen this problem before with their website.
is empty "No products were found matching your selection."
I doubt they will ever sell another luxpower inverter.

I see no reason why Ian would go through the motions of letting people know that they can buy it if he is not really selling it.
Sending out emails is trivial, adding the product to the website is not and is most likely done by someone else. It’s probably just a case of his webmaster not getting it done on time.
I suggest calling Watts247 and just ask him what’s going on and when will the page be fixed.

Back when 247watts was shaking up the market with the luxpower for real low prices, I put myself on the "waitlist" when it would become available again:

Today I received their long awaited email: </s>
View attachment 199069
But when I clicked on the provided link:

View attachment 199070

<s>
It seems there isn't going to be a price war with this product
</s>
I saw the same thing. Kinda wish I had imported one for $2800 when I had the chance or took up the discount offer but also glad I didn't.

Hi guys, its been a while since i posted anything regarding my 18 kpv. Ill share my story to see if anyone else has been through this.

The way i have been using it is:

- off grid mode with grid backup (when battery reaches 20%, or any % i input, it switches to grid) you can actually hear the contactor switch with a loud sound when it does.

- next day when the sun is out and charges the batteries to 25% it switches back to solar/batteries.

That had been working great for months, but a couple of days back i saw had not updated to the newest firmware, so i did that, it rebooted when it was done, and from that point on it has not worked properly again.

Now its ALWAYS using the grid to power the house, it doesn't matter if the batteries are at 100%, doesnt matter if i am producing 11,000w of solar, it doesnt matter if its off grid or on grid, makes no difference and it doesnt make the sound lf the contactor of you switch on/off values on the off grid menu; so the ONLY was i can use solar and batteries right now is turning off the main breaker from grid supply and manually turning before i go to sleep so the grid takes over until the morning

I regret doing the firmware update so much! I shouldnt have

Any help? Suggestions?

Hi guys, its been a while since i posted anything regarding my 18 kpv. Ill share my story to see if anyone else has been through this.

The way i have been using it is:

- off grid mode with grid backup (when battery reaches 20%, or any % i input, it switches to grid) you can actually hear the contactor switch with a loud sound when it does.

- next day when the sun is out and charges the batteries to 25% it switches back to solar/batteries.

That had been working great for months, but a couple of days back i saw had not updated to the newest firmware, so i did that, it rebooted when it was done, and from that point on it has not worked properly again.

Now its ALWAYS using the grid to power the house, it doesn't matter if the batteries are at 100%, doesnt matter if i am producing 11,000w of solar, it doesnt matter if its off grid or on grid, makes no difference and it doesnt make the sound lf the contactor of you switch on/off values on the off grid menu; so the ONLY was i can use solar and batteries right now is turning off the main breaker from grid supply and manually turning before i go to sleep so the grid takes over until the morning

I regret doing the firmware update so much! I shouldnt have

Any help? Suggestions?
Make sure this setting is disabled.
Screenshot_20240324_230638_Edge.jpg

Thanks for replying, i had several problems, but they guys in the forum asked me to change a setting: turn off battery back up mode. That fixed one of the problems i was having. So lets skip that one.

so right now while on off grid mode it works great and switches to grid after batteries reach limit, i can live with that.

But at the moment i have guys working woth heavy equipment and eventhough they dont maintain a high peak that with rest of the house i dont think they go over 12,000w the inverter seems to be resetting because of overload constantly

Correct me if i am wrong: its there a way i can have grid assist, in the case i have a high peak that makes to load go over 13000w it can use 12,000w and the extra 1000w from the grid?

But when i set to off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:

IMG_3425.png

And when i want grid assist and turn off the off grid mode it goes like this:

IMG_3426.png

What am i doing wrong? @Quattrohead @Zapper77

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, i had several problems, but they guys in the forum asked me to change a setting: turn off battery back up mode. That fixed one of the problems i was having. So lets skip that one.

so right now while on off grid mode it works great and switches to grid after batteries reach limit, i can live with that.

But at the moment i have guys working woth heavy equipment and eventhough they dont maintain a high peak that with rest of the house i dont think they go over 12,000w the inverter seems to be resetting because of overload constantly

Correct me if i am wrong: its there a way i can have grid assist, in the case i have a high peak that makes to load go over 13000w it can use 12,000w and the extra 1000w from the grid?

But when i set tio off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:View attachment 204640

View attachment 204641

What am i doing wrong? @Zapper77 @Quattrohead
I can't view your attachments

But when i set to off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:

View attachment 204653

View attachment 204654

What am i doing wrong? @Quattrohead @Zapper77
2-5 minute timer before kicking back to battery/Solar, when grid is turned on.

2-5 minute timer before kicking back to battery/Solar, when grid is turned on.
I understand that. But after the 5 minute timer, is it going to be grid assist? Meaning that the first 12000w would be supplied by solar/batteries and any thing over 12000w will be supplied by grid.

Example:

15000w load will be handled:

12000w by inverter
3000w by griD

Correct? If not, how can i achieve that? I had it that way months back i remember vividly

I understand that. But after the 5 minute timer, is it going to be grid assist? Meaning that the first 12000w would be supplied by solar/batteries and any thing over 12000w will be supplied by grid.

Example:

15000w load will be handled:

12000w by inverter
3000w by griD

Correct? If not, how can i achieve that? I had it that way months back i remember vividly
Yes. Assume you don't have a unique setting preventing that.

If you know you have workmen spanking your power maybe just put the inverter into standby whilst they are there and then everything will be supplied by grid.

diy solar

diy solar
Back