diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new AIO rated 12K output and 18kPV aka "EG4-18Kpv-12LV"

Zapper77

Renaissance Man
So this is the LuxPower inverter (according to logo on bottom left)? Same one Home Depot has been selling for a little cheaper?
Edit: the HD one is by Liniotech But has similar capabilities.

Last edited:
This inverter looks really promising but I'm holding back my excitement. EG4 inverters over the past year or 2 seem to have been riddled with issues often taking months in the field before EG4 gets it right, both from a hardware and firmware perspective. I'll wait a few months to see how folks fear with this and depending upon that, may purchase it for my next project. Having said all of that though, I commend EG4 for really working towards advancing their products....my only hope is that QA improves significantly before these products are released to the market. Additionally, it would be ideal that the engineers that support these devices are highly knowledgeable about their installation/setup requirements. If we look at the EG4-6500EX for example, it took several months before EG4/SS released official information to users about the NGB issue. Really hoping this type of delayed information is a thing of the past.

EG4/SS released official information to users about the NGB issue.
NGB issue is just an excuse that SS is using. Even having a completely isolated setup with one NGB, the units still strobe like they are in a rave.

This inverter looks really promising but I'm holding back my excitement. EG4 inverters over the past year or 2 seem to have been riddled with issues often taking months in the field before EG4 gets it right, both from a hardware and firmware perspective. I'll wait a few months to see how folks fear with this and depending upon that, may purchase it for my next project. Having said all of that though, I commend EG4 for really working towards advancing their products....my only hope is that QA improves significantly before these products are released to the market. Additionally, it would be ideal that the engineers that support these devices are highly knowledgeable about their installation/setup requirements. If we look at the EG4-6500EX for example, it took several months before EG4/SS released official information to users about the NGB issue. Really hoping this type of delayed information is a thing of the past.
With this level of tech we are 100% remote control and monitoring, the human factor has been eliminated as well on most connections, far fewer issues to go wrong that our team has to eliminate in order to support this

yep we do. in testing
James, I really hope that the release of this model marks a new trend with SS and EG4 in terms of QA before products are released. Seems that the EG4-6500EX took several months in the field before the issues with it has settled down which speaks to a QA issue prior to product release. And the 8K model, well, that hasn't seemed to have settled as yet as evidenced by Will's videos on that model. I'm rooting for EG4....lot's of potential but some tweaks needed overall to make the brand phenomenal.

NGB issue is just an excuse that SS is using. Even having a completely isolated setup with one NGB, the units still strobe like they are in a rave.
I literally did a video with on of our stock units having no issues on lights, even better than 15k, if you still have issues, it's either your bulb or we need to swap your unit and test it here.

Last edited:
With this level of tech we are 100% remote control and monitoring, the human factor has been eliminated as well on most connections, far fewer issues to go wrong that our team has to eliminate in order to support this
Ok, time will tell how this approach works out but sounds encouraging.

Back