diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new AIO rated 12K output and 18kPV aka "EG4-18Kpv-12LV"

Thanks for replying, i had several problems, but they guys in the forum asked me to change a setting: turn off battery back up mode. That fixed one of the problems i was having. So lets skip that one.

so right now while on off grid mode it works great and switches to grid after batteries reach limit, i can live with that.

But at the moment i have guys working woth heavy equipment and eventhough they dont maintain a high peak that with rest of the house i dont think they go over 12,000w the inverter seems to be resetting because of overload constantly

Correct me if i am wrong: its there a way i can have grid assist, in the case i have a high peak that makes to load go over 13000w it can use 12,000w and the extra 1000w from the grid?

But when i set to off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:

IMG_3425.png

And when i want grid assist and turn off the off grid mode it goes like this:

IMG_3426.png

What am i doing wrong? @Quattrohead @Zapper77

Last edited:
Thanks for replying, i had several problems, but they guys in the forum asked me to change a setting: turn off battery back up mode. That fixed one of the problems i was having. So lets skip that one.

so right now while on off grid mode it works great and switches to grid after batteries reach limit, i can live with that.

But at the moment i have guys working woth heavy equipment and eventhough they dont maintain a high peak that with rest of the house i dont think they go over 12,000w the inverter seems to be resetting because of overload constantly

Correct me if i am wrong: its there a way i can have grid assist, in the case i have a high peak that makes to load go over 13000w it can use 12,000w and the extra 1000w from the grid?

But when i set tio off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:View attachment 204640

View attachment 204641

What am i doing wrong? @Zapper77 @Quattrohead
I can't view your attachments

But when i set to off grid mode. It doesnt matter ig the batteries are high soc, it doesnt matter if i have 10000w from solar, its usign EVERYTHING from the grid:

Off grid:

View attachment 204653

View attachment 204654

What am i doing wrong? @Quattrohead @Zapper77
2-5 minute timer before kicking back to battery/Solar, when grid is turned on.

2-5 minute timer before kicking back to battery/Solar, when grid is turned on.
I understand that. But after the 5 minute timer, is it going to be grid assist? Meaning that the first 12000w would be supplied by solar/batteries and any thing over 12000w will be supplied by grid.

Example:

15000w load will be handled:

12000w by inverter
3000w by griD

Correct? If not, how can i achieve that? I had it that way months back i remember vividly

I understand that. But after the 5 minute timer, is it going to be grid assist? Meaning that the first 12000w would be supplied by solar/batteries and any thing over 12000w will be supplied by grid.

Example:

15000w load will be handled:

12000w by inverter
3000w by griD

Correct? If not, how can i achieve that? I had it that way months back i remember vividly
Yes. Assume you don't have a unique setting preventing that.

If you know you have workmen spanking your power maybe just put the inverter into standby whilst they are there and then everything will be supplied by grid.

I just did everything they told me and it working perfectly now. I guess that when i updated the firmware those settings were reset or something, but i followed their instructions 100% and its back to normal. Ans the export problem we had when they first came out 1 year ago, its much much better right now, much better. Happy with that

Back