diy solar

diy solar

EG4 new upgraded manual

bones1

I just got an email from Signature Solar about a newly upgraded manual for EG4 6500ex-48, Version 2.0.0 - August 2022

Did you see a change log in it anywhere. I asked them if the could put one in so we know which sections are important to re-read as if we read the whole thing over again, me might miss any small details as we gloss over them.

I know you can stack 2 of these to create a 13kW 240/120 split phase system. Do you know if they can be stacked to create a 120 volt 13kW system? Thanks!

They absolutely can. This is even easier than running them in split phase. You just need paralleling cables that would be included with the pair.
We have a situation on the farm where we're considering 2 stand alone systems running up to 500' apart but on a common line to compensate for voltage drop.
I guess my next question would be what to do with grounding neutrals when they are that far apart?

@BenFromSignatureSolar, will the eg4-lifepower4-lithium-battery-48v-100ah plug and play with the EG4 6500ex-48 same as it does with the EG4-LL?
Yes they will.

I would need some more information on that set up you're talking about. 500' could result in some issues. Namely that there would be no way to parallel the system at that distance. You would need 2 fully independent systems to make that work. I'm pretty sure that would go for any inverter.

Yes they will.

I would need some more information on that set up you're talking about. 500' could result in some issues. Namely that there would be no way to parallel the system at that distance. You would need 2 fully independent systems to make that work. I'm pretty sure that would go for any inverter.
If we solved the communication issue what problems would you expect to experience? When you say fully independent systems do you mean panels, batteries and inverters? That's what we have in mind.
Btw, thanks for jumping in Ben we're looking forward to doing business! I hear there's a good BBQ joint close by for the ride home?

Yes, that is correct as far as the system goes. Good to hear that's what you are thinking.

If you come Wed-Fri there is a place called Slaughter's BBQ Oasis that is absolutely incredible!
If you are here earlier in the week I would suggest Big Smith's

You can't miss either way!

Yes, that is correct as far as the system goes. Good to hear that's what you are thinking.

If you come Wed-Fri there is a place called Slaughter's BBQ Oasis that is absolutely incredible!
If you are here earlier in the week I would suggest Big Smith's

You can't miss either way!
Slaughter's is the joint my son in-law was bragging about yesterday when we were conspiring. What elevates Big Smith's early in the week?

:cool:?

The fact that Slaughter's is closed! Big Smith's is always rock solid... but can't hang with Slaughter's. Come early because they sell out by noon most days!
Oh it would be early...my chariot turns into a pumpkin at dark... and it's a 4-5 hour drive. What days is Slaughter's open? ;)

Back