diy solar

diy solar

Potentially stupid question. Differences between SP6548, LV6548, and EG4 6500EX

PNWDave

So I'm searching (without luck) for firmware update files for my SP6548's. I've reached out to SGP and am waiting to hear back, but last time I chatted with them about firmware (a couple of years back) they wouldn't give up the goods. My current firmware version is 45.07 while the EG4 firmware version (which is readily available for download on their website) was in the high 70s last time I looked.

This got me wondering. These devices are all the same...just branded differently, no? If yes...and they are identical machines...then couldn't you flash any of them with any of the company's firmware? Case in point, I upgraded my FLA batteries to EG4 PowerPros...but BMS will not talk to my inverter (yes...I've triple checked that I have everything set up per documentation). So could I not flash the EG4 firmware and thereby in theory enable the EG4 battery type configuration that is native to the 6500EX's operating system? If the answer is "no...they're not the same" then what're the differences? I've looked online and can't find squat about this.

There are differences so no don't do it.
Don't worry about comms, just set the charge and bulk to 55.5v and 55v respectively.

Theres potential for both hardware and software differences. Each company that rebrands the Voltronics inverters could request slight changes to make their model different. You might end up bricking your inverter if you don’t use the right firmware.

As Quattro said, just switch to USE mode for your batteries and set the voltage.

Back