diy solar

diy solar

EG4 Solution: EG4 LL-S initiating RSD when communicating with other 48v EG4 models

EG4_Jared

Online Support for EG4 Electronics
EG4LL-S batteries can be smoothly integrated with other EG4 48V models to enhance your energy storage capabilities. To guarantee seamless functionality, it's crucial to follow a few important steps.

MultiPack Firmware: Firstly, it's recommended to have the MultiPack firmware installed. This firmware enables compatibility between EG4 LL-S and different EG4 battery models, ensuring they work together.

Communication Cable Adjustment: Additionally, if you encounter issues with the LL-S initiating Rapid Shutdown (RSD) when the battery communication cable is installed and you do not currently have access to the MultiPack Firmware, there's a simple solution. By removing Pin 6 from the LL-S to Other model (such as Lifepower4/LL V1 or V2), you can prevent the LL-S from triggering RSD. Pins 3 & 6 serve as the RSD switch on the LL-S, and disconnecting Pin 6 resolves this issue.

1717775287986.png

Interesting post, I didn't know that rapid shutdown was implemented on the EG4 batteries but I have since read up on it.

I'm assuming from this documentation that this multi-pack functionality is simply included in the latest versions of the firmware for the aforementioned batteries since there is no firmware specifically called "multi-pack" to download from EG4?

Interesting post, I didn't know that rapid shutdown was implemented on the EG4 batteries but I have since read up on it.

I'm assuming from this documentation that this multi-pack functionality is simply included in the latest versions of the firmware for the aforementioned batteries since there is no firmware specifically called "multi-pack" to download from EG4?

I think this feature is limited to the LLs due to the need for a shunt breaker for the disconnects?

The RSD capability is exclusive to the WallMount and LL-S batteries. However, since I couldn't find the firmware listed on our website, I'll look into what steps we need to take to get it listed. In the meantime, I suggest contacting the distributor from whom you made the purchase for the firmware or reaching out to an EG4 representative.

EG4LL-S batteries can be smoothly integrated with other EG4 48V models to enhance your energy storage capabilities. To guarantee seamless functionality, it's crucial to follow a few important steps.

MultiPack Firmware: Firstly, it's recommended to have the MultiPack firmware installed. This firmware enables compatibility between EG4 LL-S and different EG4 battery models, ensuring they work together.

Communication Cable Adjustment: Additionally, if you encounter issues with the LL-S initiating Rapid Shutdown (RSD) when the battery communication cable is installed and you do not currently have access to the MultiPack Firmware, there's a simple solution. By removing Pin 6 from the LL-S to Other model (such as Lifepower4/LL V1 or V2), you can prevent the LL-S from triggering RSD. Pins 3 & 6 serve as the RSD switch on the LL-S, and disconnecting Pin 6 resolves this issue.

View attachment 220379
I have 18 EG4-LL V1 batteries and I bought another rack and these were EG4-LL S batteries. I only hooked up 7&8 as instructed from Signature Solar. I also then set my dip switches for the V1 batteries 1-16 and the new S batteries 17-22. Still getting error 20 communication error but I am no longer tripping the breaker. I've called SS 4 times and each person had a different solution but now I'm stuck with no communication on the new batteries and EG4 won't help me because I bought through Signature Solar. HELP PLEASE

I have 18 EG4-LL V1 batteries and I bought another rack and these were EG4-LL S batteries. I only hooked up 7&8 as instructed from Signature Solar. I also then set my dip switches for the V1 batteries 1-16 and the new S batteries 17-22. Still getting error 20 communication error but I am no longer tripping the breaker. I've called SS 4 times and each person had a different solution but now I'm stuck with no communication on the new batteries and EG4 won't help me because I bought through Signature Solar. HELP PLEASE

I would recommend having the LL-S as the first batteries in the bank with the CAN protocol set to EG4/LUX and the lithium brand set to 0. Also, with the connection from the last LL-S to the first LL V1 removing only pin 6 from the cable. If this does not resolve your issue, feel free to DM me and I should be able to get the multipack firmware to you.

Also, this guide should be helpful with the correct dipswitch orientation with the LL-S and other models.

Attachments

• Installing-EG4-LL-S-w-other-batterirs (1).pdf
    432.4 KB · Views: 4
I thought I'd read that eg4 would handle support for these?

@SignatureSolarJess
They are rerouting our customers back to us for tech support now. If you call EG4, it'll ask you to press a number if you're a Signature Solar customer.
I've called SS 4 times and each person had a different solution but now I'm stuck with no communication on the new batteries
If you'd like to reach out to me with your name and email address, we can get you reconnected and ensure you get your issue taken care of!

They are rerouting our customers back to us for tech support now. If you call EG4, it'll ask you to press a number if you're a Signature Solar customer.

If you'd like to reach out to me with your name and email address, we can get you reconnected and ensure you get your issue taken care of!
Please reach out to me, I've been trying to get this fixed for 3 days now. erichmiller@comcast.net

Yes please , this is going on days of trouble shooting with no solution, lots of money and time being wasted. erichmiller@comcast.net

I would recommend having the LL-S as the first batteries in the bank with the CAN protocol set to EG4/LUX and the lithium brand set to 0. Also, with the connection from the last LL-S to the first LL V1 removing only pin 6 from the cable. If this does not resolve your issue, feel free to DM me and I should be able to get the multipack firmware to you.
I set the LL-S batteries to 1-6 and the remaining 16 to the LL-V1. Still getting com error. These are going to 6 Growatt 5000ES inverters. I have not set any protocols, SS said since it was working before the new batteries not to do any upgrades.

diy solar

diy solar
Back