diy solar

diy solar

EG4 WP Battery with EG4 3KW

webpros

Hi there!

I recently purchased an EG4 48v 100AH WP battery and EG4 3KW inverter from Signature Solar for a wood shed project. Hooked everything up and it turned on from the battery. Everything looked great, even the charge on the battery said above 90% from the app. We powered a 10 AMP shop vac from the inverter and everything shut down. The 3KW now only powers up on 120VAC and doesn't see the battery. When using the battery app, I no longer see the battery ID. Sometimes it will show up and load very slowly, but the state shows 0%, which I shouldn't be right.. The battery temperature did seem accurate at 32F.

I am kind of thinking I need to hit the battery with 48 volts to wake the BMS. However, I do not have a 48v charger other than the EG4 inverter. Looking for any suggestions or feedback. Is there a way to do this with the EG4 inverter?

Thank you.

Hi there!

I recently purchased an EG4 48v 100AH WP battery and EG4 3KW inverter from Signature Solar for a wood shed project. Hooked everything up and it turned on from the battery. Everything looked great, even the charge on the battery said above 90% from the app. We powered a 10 AMP shop vac from the inverter and everything shut down. The 3KW now only powers up on 120VAC and doesn't see the battery. When using the battery app, I no longer see the battery ID. Sometimes it will show up and load very slowly, but the state shows 0%, which I shouldn't be right.. The battery temperature did seem accurate at 32F.

I am kind of thinking I need to hit the battery with 48 volts to wake the BMS. However, I do not have a 48v charger other than the EG4 inverter. Looking for any suggestions or feedback. Is there a way to do this with the EG4 inverter?

Thank you.
If your at 32 degrees on you battery I would get it warmer before charging, hopefully the bms is set right and won’t let you charge

Back