diy solar

diy solar

EMS Progressive Surge and Victron Multiplus

Nyrescue

I need some help, I attempted to run all the wiring last night but was having an issue in getting everything powered up. I was trying to hook up my Victron Muliplus II, I have a Progressive Industries EMS surge protector that goes into a transfer switch (I really don't need this since I have no generator). My question is how, and in what order am I running the 6/3 Romex to the AC in and AC out? Your help is greatly appreciated, out of frustration last night I had to put everything back so I can maintain power to the camper till I can go in for round 2 haha.

Is your MultiPlus the “2x120v” ones…
Or is it just a 120v one?

Take a photo and post it of the 120v terminals inside the Multiplus. It will allow easier talking about it over the internet.

Take a photo and post it of the 120v terminals inside the Multiplus. It will allow easier talking about it over the internet.
Ok, I will, soon as I drive back down to the seasonal site. I have attached a photo right before I started to run the wiring, you can see the EMS unit hanging above the transfer switch. (The EMS unit obviously is screwed down and not hanging like thatthumbnail_IMG_8161.jpg when properly affixed)

Just an FYI, I had to revert it back to stock so I can get the camper to power back on. Prob easier that way so I can start from scratch again and do it properly.

The reason I asked which MultiPlus you have - a single 120v one you will attach the black or red wire (whichever leg makes the most sense), the white and ground to the Multiplus, the other leg (red or black) will bypass it.

The 2x120v Multiplus you will attach both the red and black and white and ground.

Carefully read the owners manual- it explains it.

Basically right after the EMS, will be the Multiplus- then it will go to the breaker box.

The reason I asked which MultiPlus you have - a single 120v one you will attach the black or red wire (whichever leg makes the most sense), the white and ground to the Multiplus, the other leg (red or black) will bypass it.

The 2x120v Multiplus you will attach both the red and black and white and ground.

Carefully read the owners manual- it explains it.

Basically right after the EMS, will be the Multiplus- then it will go to the breaker box.
My apologies, I do have the 2×120. If I eliminate the transfer switch you’re saying the wire that comes out of the back of the EMS will go right into the inverter in and the out will go to the fuse panel.

If for some reason I choose to keep the transfer switch. How will the wiring go?

You probably want to keep the transfer switch. It automatically switches between generator and shore - and automatically switches between 50a 240v and 30a and 15a 120v power. Although your MultiPlus probably can do that too. Will you ever add a generator?

I believe this is what your Power Equipment Flow should be like:

Shore Power -> EMS -> Transfer switch -> MultiPlus -> circuit breaker panel.

Back