diy solar

diy solar

Epever charge controller dropping out of MPPT mode

My two 4215BN controller continue to work fine without me having to power cycle the panels. We're supposed to get rain Wednesday through the weekend. That will be a good test to see if they get stuck in cloudy days - though I don't have a good way to see that other than to monitor my Smart Shunt's logging.

In other news, the used CALB 180 cells are now hooked up to the 4 100AH Redodo's. The person that gave me the cells said they had 140AH useable life left, so my total AH at 24V is now 480 AH or 11.5 KWH. This will be a good test to see how many days I can go with overcast/rainy days.

I just looked at Amazon here. The 150 volt 35 amp unit dropped 40% to just $184.45 USD with free shipping. I just might have to give it a try.

I have 2 nearly identical arrays that are parallel feeding my BougeRV 40 amp controller. If I split them across the two controllers, I will be able to see very quickly if the MPPT tracking in the Victron is that much better than the BougeRV one. While the Bouge never got stuck like the EPever complaints, it does seem to miss track a fair bit. My maximum power has never topped 26 amps for any length of time. I have seen peaks show a maximum power hitting 1,800 watts, which suggests about 34 amps. I think the Victron 35 amp rating should be just fine if I put all the panels on the one controller, even if it is better at pulling current from the panels. Or should I go up to the 45 amp version?
I ended up going with the 150/35 from Pike because I had a hard limit of $200 on a specific Amazon payment method. However the extra output of the 150/45 seems like it's worth the extra bucks if you can stretch the budget..

My two 4215BNs are working fine even with today's clearing clouds from the rains we had yesterday.
Hello !
help me please .
My Tracer 3210AN has a similar problem.
please tell me how to flash it?
what equipment should I buy?
where can I get the firmware file?

Back