diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER MPPT 40A 150V problems with PC interface

Dbruchez

Hi Will
Very much enjoying the YouTube videos you creating! They are well done and you seem very qualified in this field. I took your advice and purchased an EPEVER MPPT 40A 150V which works quite well. No problems with the MT50 but unable to get the PC app to connect to the controller. Always get timeouts on the Com ports. Have communicated this to there tech support department about this issue but no resolution yet. Have you been able to communicate with the controller using the PC app? About to put a Modbus sniffer to check if the cable is bad.

Regards,
dan

I thought that Will had said earlier that these were a real bear to attempt to program through the pc, so I never even attempted it with my two.

Epevers has a RS485 connector and uses it to communicate with the MT50 Remote.
It also talks to 2 Epevers addons. Do a youtube search for the eBox BLE 01 (ethernet) and the eBox WIFI 01 (wifi).

While your at it, chekout the community developed SnekTek:

Last edited:
I looked at Epevers and the ones Will talked up are all 12/24 models. The more powerful models all state that they don't work with Lithium batteries.
I now am looking at an Outback model FM60. Kind of pricey but I am very wary of cheap junk that won't last.

I bought the EPever and sorry i did just to save a few bucks. They are very difficult to program for anything other than preprogrammed lead. First just finding the correct software on the Epever website for the PC is a bitch just to find out it dies not work. I resorted to program using the MT50 with all types of errors too.
Do yourself a favor and just get a Victron Smart Mppt and use your cell phone to program it,

The screen on the FM60 looks doable. Maybe a bit of a challenge, very adjustable. I can live without WIFI on my controller.

I found the Epever SCC are very easy to program with the MT50.
I couldn't get many changes to stick with the BLE or Wifi connections.

If your USB cable has a label with RS485 you must have the RS-485 checkbox checked in the configuration for the port.

Open Device Manager
Scroll down to ports and open it
Right click on the correct port (on mine it's XR21b....) and select properties
Check the RS-485 box.
Click OK

1613844815575.png

It should connect.

Back