diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer not turning on

Stu40

Hi all, first time posting. Hoping someone can answer this simple question. I installed my first solar set up and don't think I missed anything but something is wrong and I don't know what to test, look for, read about (etc). I have two HQST 100W monocrystalline panels powering a Epever tracer6420an. That is feeding two WEIEZ 1200Ah LiFePo batteries. I finished the project, moved the unit into the sun, flipped the disconnect and had 21.4-22.4 volts at the Tracer. At this time I expected the Tracer to light up and allow me to go through the settings, but nothing happened. The dry contact switch is in the on position and the ground to the frame of the Tracer is good. What am I missing? Thanks for any help -Stu

Battery connection to Tracer first. No solar connected.
Check with a meter you have voltage at the Tracer terminals.
Evaluate that the batteries will power other loads .

Battery connection to Tracer first. No solar connected.
Check with a meter you have voltage at the Tracer terminals.
Evaluate that the batteries will power other loads .
Thank you for the response. I did the connection's in that order during my set up. I ended up contacting Epever and the best they can tell is the unit was bad from the start. The load on the batteries is 0.995KwH

12v system I assume? If it's a 24v system then your panels aren't going to be making enough voltage to charge anything.

Connect your panels in series,
Disconnect anything on the load ports
Disconnect the solar panels and re-check you don't have a wire backwards

If you go straight from battery to Tracer and see 12v on the battery terminals on the right ports, then you're connected right. If that's the case your SCC is bad and you need a replacement.

Also double check the units of your battery, I’m thinking they are 1200whr, not -
Ah ?

12v system I assume? If it's a 24v system then your panels aren't going to be making enough voltage to charge anything.

Connect your panels in series,
Disconnect anything on the load ports
Disconnect the solar panels and re-check you don't have a wire backwards

If you go straight from battery to Tracer and see 12v on the battery terminals on the right ports, then you're connected right. If that's the case your SCC is bad and you need a replacement.
It turned out to be a bad controller. Working on a warranty claim.

Back