diy solar

diy solar

Error on Epever Triron 4210n

Nobadays

I just hooked up this Epever Triron 4210n and I'm getting a flashing green battery light as well as a flashing "!" . The book under troubleshooting lists this combination as battery over charge.

I'm using 4x6v - seriesed to 24v, GC2 FLA batteries. I set the battery type to FLA, so assume there are default parameters for charging FLA's at 24v. I have not been able to determine "where" to look to see what those parameters are. I find the booklet a bit disjointed and confusing, it covers too many different SCCs and options I think.

The display reads batteries are 100% at 24.9v. This should not be overcharged. Maybe 100% but not overcharged.

My understanding is this SCC auto detects 12v or 24v input, is this not correct? Is there some place I need to tell it that I am using 24v?

I have 2 x 250w panels hooked up, no errors and showing proper voltage, but no watts/amps.... i assume this is because the SCC says the batteries are charged, correct?

Thank you!

I just hooked up this Epever Triron 4210n ...

My understanding is this SCC auto detects 12v or 24v input, is this not correct? Is there some place I need to tell it that I am using 24v?

I have 2 x 250w panels hooked up ..
In what order did you hook things up?

Some charge controllers assume 12V if not otherwise configured.
If first powered up with PV panels, it might assume 12V, then when 24V batteries connected it sees them as over-voltage.

No.... hooked the batteries up first, then turned on the panels. If this SCC assumes 12v, I can't see in the book, or cycling through the menu where to tell it I'm running 24v. It does appear to be thinking I'm running 12v. Hoping someone with a similar controller can clue me in.

It looks like you can only set the battery voltage via the remote panel / PC / smartphone. Otherwise the default is auto-detection except if you have configured the controller for lithium mode in which case you must manually set the voltage via the remote etc.

Gnubie.... really? No way to set for 24v via the device screen? I bought this used.... it was too small for the PO who figured that out after he had hooked it up, so he bought the another Epever SCC and kept the remote panel. I know he was running 12v system as he told me he had 800W of PV and this SCC would not handle that many watts at 12v.

Does anyone know if there is any other way to access those parameters? I will look at the book again and see how I can hook my PC to it... must ned some kind of app/program too?

Thank you!

Not that I can see from the manual. All you can do there is set the various charge related voltages, nothing about the nominal battery voltage.

Yes, you need the software. It's available for download from epever.

Gnubie.... really? No way to set for 24v via the device screen? I bought this used.... it was too small for the PO who figured that out after he had hooked it up, so he bought the another Epever SCC and kept the remote panel. I know he was running 12v system as he told me he had 800W of PV and this SCC would not handle that many watts at 12v.

Does anyone know if there is any other way to access those parameters? I will look at the book again and see how I can hook my PC to it... must ned some kind of app/program too?

Thank you!
If correct that it cannot be set to 24V on the device screen, a USB-to-RS485 cable is available for only $11 on Amazon. You can use a laptop with that.

EPEVER USB to RS-485 PC Communications cable

The link above is NOT an affiliate link. If it violates forum rules, I apologize.

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the remote... system control panel... our issue is we are totally off grid, 25 miles from the nearest blacktop road and 40 miles from the post office... UPS, FEDEX and the USPS don't deliver out here! Being in a rural part of CO anyway, there is no next day service, or two day service. So I'll go into town next week and pick it up, supposed to arrive Tuesday or Wednesday.

Eventually I intend to mount the SCC and inverter in a box, yet to be built, under my shop, next to the battery box. So I will need the remote to bring the display/controls up into the shop. Just sucks that there is no way on the device itself to set such a simple parameter.... 12v or 24v

My home system is all Schneider equipment and MNC lithium. Even the Schneider SCC needs the SCP to set user defined parameters as I had to do for the lithium.

It is what it is I guess. Thanks!

Update... so yesterday I unhooked the SCC as when originally installed I had no shut off on the PV lines coming in (they are fused ) and I hadn't fused the cable from the batteries to the SCC. Not sure why it did not auto detect 24v when I first hooked it up, but... here's what happened.

I then unscrewed what I thought was the PV in hot lead from the SCC, wasn't paying attention I guess as I pulled the battery lead instead. I then unhooked the SCC battery lead directly from the battery. I looked up at the SCC to see red lights so took another look and saw my error. Pulled the PV in lead loose. Installed the switch then wired in an inline fuse from the batteries to the SCC. When I hooked the battery lead back up, the green LED on the SCC wasn't blinking and the exclamation icon was gone... the SCC now has recognized that I have a 24v system! I hooked the PV cable back up and it commenced to charging the battery bank. Sweet! Of course I had already ordered the MT50 remote but, oh well. Making power today... after scrapping ice and snow off the panels! All's well that ends well!

Back