diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280K 16S JK B2A24S15P-CAN

I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of solar that getting every last Ah is really critical for my application, although "getting what you paid for" would certainly be nice. I don't know why the big variance. Is it the tester, or the batteries??

Probably both and also BMS balance leads should be in the equation.
Unless you want to loose time comparing voltage from the ZKE, JK BMS with an multimeter and has long you are happy with your system and you don't have a very low cell on discharge or the same cell high while charging don't bother with it, since you are in this forum probably in a couple of years you will start to replace your cells with a new tech or more performance one :)

After cycle 2 finish I really enjoy the LF280K compared to the LF105, 0,001 and 0,002 V is what I have without load.

Now the question, I know the the voltage of the cells has higher deviation, anyone played with the Con. Wire Res. of the BMS to have the cells at same voltage or doesn't worth the time?

1674382733134.jpeg

You can (and should) calibrate the overall voltage and current on the jk bms.
What I find is that once you do that the cell reading becomes incredibly accurate.

The wire resistance under zero load has no influence on the cell voltage readings.

PS: don't overthink it ?

You can (and should) calibrate the overall voltage and current on the jk bms.
What I find is that once you do that the cell reading becomes incredibly accurate.

The wire resistance under zero load has no influence on the cell voltage readings.

PS: don't overthink it ?
I have done it, and the total voltage is perfect but the at cells terminals is different from what it show in the print even with no load.

Last edited:
If we do the math and what eve say is correct over time the K will worth the investment.

Today I put battery 3 in production and very happy for now 0.003 deviation.
I solder balance cables to the bus bars... n° 7 it's my fault when check torque skip this cell and it was only hand tight.

After cycle 2 finish I really enjoy the LF280K compared to the LF105, 0,001 and 0,002 V is what I have without load.
Means nothing when av cell voltage is only 3.29V.
What is delta V at 3.5V?

For the heck of it... these are my Docan batteries. All Eve-LF280K testing using ZKE A40L. Charge 40A to 3.65v @ 5A, wait 1hr, discharge 40A to 2.5v. Voltage refers to what the ZKE read before loading the test file. Regardless of data, I'm using 3 JK BMSs, and they have been working absolutely fine to power my garage. BMS shows 212 days uptime. I'm fortunate enough to have plenty of solar that getting every last Ah is really critical for my application, although "getting what you paid for" would certainly be nice. I don't know why the big variance. Is it the tester, or the batteries??

View attachment 130299

Do you have the WH readings for your test? Please post so we can compare, wow 290 amazing, also the date codes would be good, I have a suspicion, that EVE did some changes around Mid 2021 to the 280K and made the capacity less but also more stable.

I have placed a order for EVE LF280K and JK B2A24S15P so i was happy to find this tread. Can anyone share the dimension on the wires on JK B2A24S15P? I need know so i can order correct Copper Terminals.

Pink

Do you have the WH readings for your test? Please post so we can compare, wow 290 amazing, also the date codes would be good, I have a suspicion, that EVE did some changes around Mid 2021 to the 280K and made the capacity less but also more stable.
Sorry, this is all I recorded.

I have placed a order for EVE LF280K and JK B2A24S15P so i was happy to find this tread. Can anyone share the dimension on the wires on JK B2A24S15P? I need know so i can order correct Copper Terminals.

Pink
7 AWG you need 4.

Battery box is almost finish, waiting for epoxy to cure to retouch brushed, in 2 days should be able to put cells inside.

Material Aluminium AW5083-H111, compression sides are 8mm the remain 4mm, since I won't move it bottom and front don't need to be thick.

Attachments

• 1675445172027.jpeg
    1675445172027.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 34
Finally box is ready and cells inside.

Initial plan was to put BMS inside but it will be glue outside to extended Bluetooth range and also keep cells cooler.

Attachments

• 1675769122033.jpeg
    1675769122033.jpeg
    105 KB · Views: 42
  • 1675769147783.jpeg
    1675769147783.jpeg
    142.1 KB · Views: 43
Today reach full charge, it's already discharging this is what they have now 0.013V

Still not fully charged. If you want to really want know how balanced cells are need to push total voltage to 55-56V. Most full time active balancers are set not to activate when cell voltages are less than 3.4V

I don't have much luck but this weekend a friend bought me some fuse holders and this is what I found inside, going to replace all my ANL holders and fuses with those and now I have 6 x 125A Class T fuses ?

Already have 1 fuse holder clean and drying next will be fuses.

6874.jpg

Attachments

• 6875.jpg
    6875.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 9
All cells charged and first cell discharged.

The value of 3.5V for each serial cell was too optimistic, 1 cell arrived to 3,7V and the other to 3,8V both were from day 9 so probably the ones that measure 3,290V and had an higher storage capacity.

This first cell measure 266,3Ah, only used 6mm cables that lose 20W/h divided by 3.2V give 6,25Ah so total will be 272,55Ah, don't know if this is normal my LF105 measure total capacity with same conditions.

View attachment 129307
Forget what the QR code says, can you get the EVE testing report for that same cell that tested 266.3AH?
You can ask NKON for it, look attached for example.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 13.44.25.png
    Screenshot 2023-03-08 at 13.44.25.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
Back