diy solar

diy solar

Eversource self install interconnection question

Son of an Engineer

Does anyone know where the online form is or has anyone have had to call to to a self install interconnect with Eversource in Connecticut?
their website is a dead end. Evan

Search for “Connecticut application to Connect”, looks like a third party is used called Powerclerk.

Also check out the Connecticut Hosting Capacity Map to verify if your feeder/station has any capacity left for your install.

Search for “Connecticut application to Connect”, looks like a third party is used called Powerclerk.

Also check out the Connecticut Hosting Capacity Map to verify if your feeder/station has any capacity left for your install.
Thanks, I found out you need to sign up in PowerClerk as a " Contractor" for self install. I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. Todd from NC has been helping me a lot.
Evan

Last edited:
I keep trying to login to Eversource Powerclerk in NH. It always reads "page not found". I have a new system with PTO and I want to add batteries myself. @Son of an Engineer any update on how to access Powerclerk?

Oldphile,

Are you connecting batteries to the existing Sol-Ark? Do you need to tell them?

It was kind of tricky. I did a request to change my regular eversource log on to be treated as a "Contractor" by the time they did that I had already created a few email address( one per log on/new account) until I saw the button to sign up as a contractor. Some of the corrections were done by phone. 1700961055003.png

Thanks. Yes, I'm adding batteries to the Sol-Ark that received PTO last month. I've sent them two emails that they haven't responded to. One was while waiting for PTO where I was asking to follow the progress of my project. In the last email I explained that I needed to access POWERCLERK for adding batteries to the system. The interconnect agreement has an appendix for including batteries in a new system or adding to an existing system. I may apply for Connected Solutions and get a $3,000 rebate, so I want to do this by the book.

So, you created a new Eversource online account with a different email address? Did you have to link this account to the billing system? I would think that would cause a problem if you already have an online account.

What is the purpose of the owner disclosure form? I don't see anything like that for Eversource NH. I haven't added a service account to my new online account. Maybe that's why I'm getting this message. Is it okay to have a service account assigned to two online accounts?

My wife has the Eversource account in her name, so we needed the Disclosure from. My powerclerk user name is a different email than my customer portal. But in powerclerk in an like a contractor. Sorry not much help here. Is your system approved and up and running?

The system I want to add batteries to has PTO and is up and running. I'm going to try adding my service account to my new online account and see what happens.

I successfully submitted an application to expand my system. I'm only adding DC batteries. Since my PV system was submitted under the old interconnect application, Power Clerk did not have the parameters of my system. So, I added the PV system size and AC size. Today Power Clerk is showing that Eversource has completed a technical review and cannot approve as submitted. They gave me 2 choices, upgrade the transformer or downsize the system to less than 10KW. The stupid system thinks I'm trying to increase AC size from 15KW to 30KW with a 25KVA transformer. I'm not increasing AC or DC size. I gave up and cancelled my application.

If the batteries are behind the sol ark and only reduce the back feed to the grid, IMO no new application is needed.

Or are you programming the sol ark differently?

Also what CT does isn’t mean that’s how NH does it, different regulating bodies and net metering laws.

The old Eversource interconnect agreement had a supplement form for batteries including adding batteries to an existing system. I was trying to follow the process, but I'm done with it. Stupid bureaucracy.

I was interested in joining Connected Solutions, but that's not going to happen now.

Back