diy solar

diy solar

Experience with Daly BMS

There is a setting for changing allowing discharge at lower temps.

I had my truck camper in the back shed last winter and battery appeared dead in the cold. Brought it into the heated shop overnight and magically fixed itself. Checking the settings I saw low temp discharge was set at 15°C. It is set much lower now.

That's not the issue. The issue is that even with no charging current applied, the amps reading going into the bms goes to 73 even though there is actually 2 amps discharge occurring.

I wonder if there's a limit of 999999 or something.. :)

Did you enter it in both total and cycle capacity? They need to be the same unless you have actually tested for capacity.
It all went pretty seamless when entering the correct values :D

On a different problem, is there a setting so that when the charger is done the BMS (JBD) doesn't turn off the DC output? I might try the DALY if it has that feature. I'd like to keep power to my devices when a charge is removed when full. When the charger is finished, the DC Output toggle is off on the BMS so no power can be drawn from the pack. I need to then go to the app, toggle DC it back on and then draw power. That can be a problem when I'm not watching when the charger is going to finish because it will drop the load of all my gear. Is that standard practice or does the DALY behave differently?

It all went pretty seamless when entering the correct values :D

On a different problem, is there a setting so that when the charger is done the BMS (JBD) doesn't turn off the DC output?

This shouldn't happen.

I might try the DALY if it has that feature. I'd like to keep power to my devices when a charge is removed when full. When the charger is finished, the DC Output toggle is off on the BMS so no power can be drawn from the pack

This shouldn't happen.

I need to then go to the app, toggle DC it back on and then draw power. That can be a problem when I'm not watching when the charger is going to finish because it will drop the load of all my gear. Is that standard practice or does the DALY behave differently?

Not with mine or the other two JBD I have.

Have you performed the calibration?

Meaning what?

Why would calibration have any impact on the amps going from -2 (2 amps going out) to 73 amps going into the battery (like it's being charged) when the ChargeMos turns off?

How do you calibrate? Clicking the zero current cal button does nothing

Meaning what?

Why would calibration have any impact on the amps going from -2 (2 amps going out) to 73 amps going into the battery (like it's being charged) when the ChargeMos turns off?

How do you calibrate? Clicking the zero current cal button does nothing
No loads when you calibrate. In other words, disconnect.

No loads when you calibrate. In other words, disconnect.

Nothing happens. You click the button and nothing.

Again, it reads OK showing 2 amps leaving battery then as soon as low temp shuts off ChargeMos, current reading jumps to 70 amps.

This causes the battery SOC to crawl up to 100% which then prevents it from charging once the temperature goes back up.

As long as chargemos is off, current reads 70 amps going into battery.

It's obviously a piece of shit and the shunt is getting a bunch of noise whenever it deactivates the charging fee.

Daly sent me a software update which I installed. No change. Then another with some bullshit .rar file. No idea what that is.

Battery is 200 miles away. I do have a secondary Heltec balancer that is also a piece of shit. It might be inducing noise into the system.

I'll disconnect that next time I'm there and see what happens.

Reactions: Zwy
I called the vendor about the DC being turned off and got an RMA for the BMS since it sounds broken. It also had a tweaked fin on the heat sink.

So I bought the JK 200A instead of a replacement since the replacement JBD they have could be the exact same thing. The first JK I had was DOA. The benefit of getting a working JK is it has the mounting holes on it that makes fastening it to the battery box more secure. It also has two C- ports on it and that two port main connection real estate is a premium space. Hopefully I picked the right one lol, its the JK Smart Active Balance BMS Board 3S-8S 200A 1A Balance Current With UART/RS-485. I plan to use it to protect 4 304ah EVE cells.

Back