diy solar

diy solar

Fedex is NOT getting a Christmas card this year (Sig Solar order destroyed)

OffGridIdaho

Hobby Farm in N Idaho
1.) Pallet has big yellow cone with sign DO NOT STACK ON TOP that was crushed by the item they stacked on top, crushing inverter and destroying top panel.
2.) Pallet had signs stating USE LONG FORKS ONLY, driver used short fork to take off truck, tilting pallet and dug fork into bottom panel.

I am so pissed right now. We do not have a lot of money and now I do not have enough panels to rack and cannot get any more. So I guess I have to sell these panels at a loss and save more money to order more. We got free shipping because our order was over xxxx dollars.

The inverter has damage on all side so who knows if its any good. I sure as heck don't want to run power to it and burn my house down.

So Fedex has now also lost my battery order 2 of 2. Item one made it but item 2 is lost between Billings and spokane. No delivery date and no movement.

Can't anyone do a good job anymore? This sucks so much. Now I am just screwed.

Attachments

• img4.jpg
    img4.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 116
  • img5.jpg
    img5.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 110
  • img6.jpg
    img6.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 108
  • img8.jpg
    img8.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 112
  • img10.jpg
    img10.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 112
  • img11.jpg
    img11.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 110
  • img13.jpg
    img13.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 107
  • img14.jpg
    img14.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 109
  • img15.jpg
    img15.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 109
  • img16.jpg
    img16.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 113
  • img21.jpg
    img21.jpg
    175.6 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
If the board isn't damaged inside the inverter should ok. Still sucks.

1.) Pallet has big yellow cone with sign DO NOT STACK ON TOP that was crushed by the item they stacked on top, crushing inverter and destroying top panel.
2.) Pallet had signs stating USE LONG FORKS ONLY, driver used short fork to take off truck, tilting pallet and dug fork into bottom panel.

I am so pissed right now. We do not have a lot of money and now I do not have enough panels to rack and cannot get any more. So I guess I have to sell these panels at a loss and save more money to order more. We got free shipping because our order was over xxxx dollars.

The inverter has damage on all side so who knows if its any good. I sure as heck don't want to run power to it and burn my house down.

So Fedex has now also lost my battery order 2 of 2. Item one made it but item 2 is lost between Billings and spokane. No delivery date and no movement.

Can't anyone do a good job anymore? This sucks so much. Now I am just screwed.
Did you contact Signature Solar? They will either replace or refund the damaged bits (everything?).

If the board isn't damaged inside the inverter should ok. Still sucks.
I've had ten 300W panels delivered on pallet from sig solar no problem. R and L carriers. Really well wrapped. But frankly sticking that inverter on top of that pallet is begging for damage.Fedex...jesus.

Did you know you can refuse freight deliveries?

At the least, I hope you wrote down all the damage on the BOL!

Edit:
I forgot to give my condolences, that situation entirely sucks.
I did not write on BOL. I noticed one thing at a time after off truck. It was all wrapped up. The more I looked the more I saw but I had signed the bill and driver left.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Especially since FedEx is supposed to be dropping off my shipment next Monday. I hope they do better...

Yes but they will not replace only refund which wont help me.
Why won't they replace?

The multiplus is trashed. and some of the panels? are they going to organize pickup of the multiplus? Is it because they don't have free shipping currently?

This is why it is extremely important to open up every box and check every panel for damage. I have made delivery guys wait for an hour while I opened everything up. They cant leave until you sign the BOL! They are always very unhappy when they arrive at my place...

I once got an order for 6x wheels and tires for a dually. Brand new Fuel wheels, very expensive. I opened up every box and inspected each wheel THOUROUGHLY for almost 30 minutes. Eventually the driver started helping unbox everything to help speed the process along.

Very important to check your purchases. You don't even have to deny the shipment either, just have them notate it on the BOL that there was damage, and how much. Then you can get insurance claims done super easy.

Did you know you can refuse freight deliveries?

At the least, I hope you wrote down all the damage on the BOL!

Edit:
I forgot to give my condolences, that situation entirely sucks.
Yep, i refuse orders all the time. The drivers usually get pissed because it disrupts their flow off the truck, but that order is the responsibility of the shipper right up until you sign for it. Ive had aircraft engines with forks ran right into them, stabbed right through the box. Propellers with bent blades and so on. Its the shippers problem.

In all honesty, something of that value, shipping freight, should be in a wooden crate. Not Plastic wrap that does nothing for protection. Shipping insurance will deny items not properly packaged.

Wow that sucks big time, sorry to hear about this. It hurt looking at those photos.
I hope you can get some sort of quick reasonable resolution, it stinks you signed off on it.

Best outcome will be if they refund for everything damaged but you get to keep them and everything except smashed panels are functional. Then you scrounge some more elsewhere.

Signed without noting damage sounds like a major issue to me.
Seen stories here where reported damage was denied, because pictures not taken from every possible angle.
Most dramatic one was a video of pallet jack, stack of panels, delivery guy falling off lift gate.

There's a reason Current Connected charges customers an extra fee for 3rd-party shipping insurance.

I had a similar situation with R&L carriers on a Sig Solar shipment. Same story too, forklift driver DID NOT read the yellow sign that said long fork only lol. He went to grab it with the short fork and I stopped him. He then came around and used the short fork the long ways and almost dumped the entire load!:rolleyes:
It seems everyone is in such a damn hurry that they forget the whole damn reason they have that job is because of customers like us. And yes, it's true. Almost all of the delivery workers, forklift drivers, people in the office, and the guy that sweeps the damn floor hates their life! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My condolences on your loss...Hope Sig Solar can help you get those items replaced soon!

I know no one is going to believe this, but...

Fedex delivered a 2 piece glass shower door, from California to NY, and it was delivered undamaged.
True story.

But really, it's the luck of the draw. I had my SS panels delivered by Yellow I believe it was. Guy was very aware of what he was handling and very careful with both skids. And this was after he had to back up my 300 foot curvy driveway in the woods.

First order of cells from China came in a damaged crate, some cells were dented. Don't remember the trucking company, but it wasn't Fedex. Driver took pictures, wrote the issue on the BOL, and called his boss before leaving. When I contacted the company that shipped the cells, they already had all the info.

Last edited:
Notify Signature Solar team (customerservice@signaturesolar.com) AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. If not noted within 48hrs your claim may be denied by the freight company.

I would call SS also.
I called the driver and SS right away. I asked driver if I need to write damage on BOL and he said no. I have never done this before so I didnt know what to do. I saw crushed box but it was strapped down. I looked in rips on both sides and didnt see bent corners so I thought it was OK. The solar panels damaged under cardboard I didnt see as it was wrapped with plastic. It would have taken an hour to de-crate everything and lift the heavy panels.

ARGH!

Next time if any damage I am refusing the whole damn thing.

I had a similar situation with R&L carriers on a Sig Solar shipment. Same story too, forklift driver DID NOT read the yellow sign that said long fork only lol. He went to grab it with the short fork and I stopped him. He then came around and used the short fork the long ways and almost dumped the entire load!:rolleyes:
It seems everyone is in such a damn hurry that they forget the whole damn reason they have that job is because of customers like us. And yes, it's true. Almost all of the delivery workers, forklift drivers, people in the office, and the guy that sweeps the damn floor hates their life! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My condolences on your loss...Hope Sig Solar can help you get those items replaced soon!
Yeah same here. He wheeled the pallet long ways onto the lift gate 5ft in the air and set it down and pulled jack out and I watched as the whole thing started tetering over the edge. I quickly sat on the truck end of it to keep it from going over. Dang!

I wouldn't worry about the damage not being noted, it helps the vendor if you do but ultimately it's between the vender and their shipper, you are not the shipper's customer they are.

But it's true that Signature's policy is to partial refund not replace.

Back