diy solar

diy solar

Feedback on Make Sky Blue Hybrid Inverter Requested All in One

Forbisher

Փփքխմպձժճֆըվմ
Has anyone bought and used one of these Make Sky Blue all in one units?
I cant find too very much about them online except for one video that Will Prowse commented on.

About the same price as the smallest MPPT but has a larger inverter. $350

I like the blue color. Lolz

Last edited:
Run a mile folks. Terrible unit and the company will not give any back up or respond at all to the issues I had with my 48v 5kv unit that simply does not meet the specs in the manual. I had to replace the Makeskyblue AKA Makecustomerblue unit that cost me $960 Australia for a no name brand that is brilliant, so much better bought for $700. This was the unit I am very happy with.

Attachments

• Inverter.JPG
    Inverter.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 21
And I have gone from 24v to 48v. Never will go back to low volts and high amps.

Dang, that seems real reasonable
Nah they raised the price to $560.
I bought a MPP 12 volt 1000 watter for $340 from Ian in Utah.

The US MSB rep Sean knows nothing about these hybrids running on LFP.
He wasted weeks of my time trying to figure out if they could work with LFP.
They have no adjustable battery voltage settings if the manual is correct.
Crazy that the USE setting is factory set or crazier still that the rep does not know if settings are user changeable.
Anyway the new $560 price is a deal killer.

Whatever Bean, but I specifically want a small 12 volt unit like in my link.
You sound like Sean who tried to sell me on separate components when I wanted an all in one.

Whatever Bean, but I specifically want a small 12 volt unit like in my link.
You sound like Sean who tried to sell me on separate components when I wanted an all in one.
No mate. 12v is fine for low power demands. I am running a workshop off grid with drop saws and the like so I need the punch. I just observed a big improvement when I went 48v.

Nah they raised the price to $560.
I bought a MPP 12 volt 1000 watter for $340 from Ian in Utah.

The US MSB rep Sean knows nothing about these hybrids running on LFP.
He wasted weeks of my time trying to figure out if they could work with LFP.
They have no adjustable battery voltage settings if the manual is correct.
Crazy that the USE setting is factory set or crazier still that the rep does not know if settings are user changeable.
Anyway the new $560 price is a deal killer.
That is correct. No voltage adjustments. The company is worth noting as somewhere to stay well clear of. I have no vested interests in any of this, just want youall to be aware of the bad time I had with Makeskyblue.

I strongly recommend you STAY AWAY from MAKESKYBLUE Hybrid Inverters. I purchased a unit and upon arrival found that the hybrid all-in-one inverter did not meet it's advertised capabilities.

1 - The advert and website states it had a A/C Charger that could charge the batteries from shore power - It does not have this capability
2 - The advert and website states that it is capable of 3000watt of PV. The manual states a maximun of 1500 watts of PV.
3 - The advert and website states it has the capability to automatically switch the load to Solar and Battery when utility power is not available. UNTRUE - It has to be manually switched with an external relay.

A little over a month after I installed it - the MakeSkyBlue all-in-one inverter flashed, smoke came out of the unit, and went completely dead.
Since the unit failed on the 22nd of September, 2020 , I've written MAKESKYBLUE almost a dozen times. MakeSkyBlue's replies are all one liners - 4 replies.

• what error right now? Please show video. Thanks.
  • What's AC voltage and load voltage?
  • Please open the case and take more photos, then we know where is problem.
  • Please check your battery also. Is it good quality?

I sent them pictures of the burnt board after their third "reply", they ask if the battery is still good and of good quality - ridiculous.

They have not replied to my last 4 emails.

Please learn from my mistake and stay away from MAKESKYBLUE.

My personal limits are about 100A on the DC side of an inverter which is easy to manage.

@12v = 1200 watts
@24v = 2400 watts
@48v = 4800 watts

Obviously, these are not hard limits for anyone just my choices based on ease of installation and safety.

Has anyone bought and used one of these Make Sky Blue all in one units?
I cant find too very much about them online except for one video that Will Prowse commented on.

About the same price as the smallest MPPT but has a larger inverter. $350

I like the blue color. Lolz

My personal experiences with very low cost power electronics is not good.

General observations not specific to this product:
  • Poor direct performance: Not meeting rated output, running hot, etc.
  • Poor reliability:
  • Poor safety: Lots and lots of safety violations.
Unless you are qualified to evaluate the unit, I would not consider this a way to save money. Almost any problem forces you to research and buy a replacement. Most likely, after a failure, you will buy a better brand and wipe out any possible savings. If the failure is of a safety nature that damages something, it gets worse.

I am of the 'buy once, cry once' philosophy. If I can't afford the better thing, I just wait until I can save my money or I reduce my requirements.

Back