diy solar

diy solar

Felicity Solar batteries

oh felicity.
on the 170AH model, they used 170AH CATL cells which is around 3500 cycles new.

i doubt they used new cells, since the price is not manageable, plus alot of 170AH second hand cells flooding the market in China.
i mean, its not that bad, but advertising as 6000 cycles is miles misleading.

also they have cheaper model 200AH the real capacity is around 170AH. check this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/felicity-solar-batteries.26277/#post-310878

my friend also tried the 150AH model (7.5KW very popular in Lebanon) he managed to pull around 4.4kW from it ONLY.

just runaway from preassembled models. you never know whats inside the pack. i recommend buying EVE cells or equivalent and DIY with CANBUS BMS.

Nice! Good luck and looking forward to your update. If you get gradeB cells within them and 11kwh output, it would be a fair outcome for the price.

From what I was told when visiting this factory there are two different types of batteries ,depending on model they are 3000 cycle ( my understanding grade B) and 6000 cycle ( my understanding grade A). 15kw battery banks are 4 rows setup 8+8 16s and another 2 rows for 16s. Old model 15kw ( assuming they are 150 AH cells) in parallel will make 300 AH. But once i receive them a will open up and bring in more pictures of battery cells and how well they are manufactured . I have them ordered to see if this is good money spent . For what I paid there is no way i could build battery box ,BMS and batteries for same price. Not to mention time needed to assemble and getting all cells top balanced and inspected for true AH rating.

From what I was told when visiting this factory there are two different types of batteries ,depending on model they are 3000 cycle ( my understanding grade B) and 6000 cycle ( my understanding grade A). 15kw battery banks are 4 rows setup 8+8 16s and another 2 rows for 16s. Old model 15kw ( assuming they are 150 AH cells) in parallel will make 300 AH. But once i receive them a will open up and bring in more pictures of battery cells and how well they are manufactured . I have them ordered to see if this is good money spent . For what I paid there is no way i could build battery box ,BMS and batteries for same price. Not to mention time needed to assemble and getting all cells top balanced and inspected for true AH rating.
Good luck brother. I payed total with shipping and customs $4,700 for 2 10kwh packs, >6,000 cycles according to the specifications sent to me by a sales rep. I have not been able to get more than 16.2 kwh out of the two packs in parallel. Cells look new inside but are not the 200AH they advertised. Cycles??? Not planning to count them... Anyways I thought... 16kwh for less than $5,000 is fair is the state of the market today if after a decade still operational within 20-30% capacity loss. Already had to replace BMS in less than a year, so quality issues there on top of misleading adverts. It is to be expected with these. Good luck is what we all need, and knowledge. Next project will assemble my own pack from raw cells and JBD BMS for sure!

good luck mate.
last time we checked the 300AH model, its the same config as the 200AH model (3x 86AH catl cells so total 258AH) and i assume used cells since the welded bussbars seems the same used in the EV module. for used cells you can easily pull out 2000 cycles at 80% remaining capacity in solar usage.

Good luck brother. I payed total with shipping and customs $4,700 for 2 10kwh packs, >6,000 cycles according to the specifications sent to me by a sales rep. I have not been able to get more than 16.2 kwh out of the two packs in parallel. Cells look new inside but are not the 200AH they advertised. Cycles??? Not planning to count them... Anyways I thought... 16kwh for less than $5,000 is fair is the state of the market today if after a decade still operational within 20-30% capacity loss. Already had to replace BMS in less than a year, so quality issues there on top of misleading adverts. It is to be expected with these. Good luck is what we all need, and knowledge. Next project will assemble my own pack from raw cells and JBD BMS for sure!
nowadays your best bet is to get:

-cheap fairly used cells
-Grade B matched brand new cells (for example 280AH grade B is exactly 280AH, Grade A is around 290AH or more)
-grade A brand new cells from a reputable supplier, REAL 6000 cycles @100% DOD 1C rate 80% remaining capacity. like REPT EVE GANFENG.
-BMS for CANBUS/RS485 communication your best bet is Seplos imo

if your going to use second hand cells, use capacitive active balancer with an on/off switch like HELtech balancer.

you can RARELY find brand new CATL cells, since they are widely used in EVs
and CATL doesnt sell raw sells to end users/small suppliers

I'm just trying to see if this is going to be money worthy solution. Most of my projects are done with battery cells and custom BMS . I'm not in contract with them yet. And i will post all of my findings including battery cells, BMS, and etc. 1450 was shipping and 3480 for two 48V 300ah LPBF 6000 cycles according to them. BMS management is already suspect from what they give me about this setup. 120a max draw is not a lot for today's requirements in US for off grid battery pack. And I'm still not sure if this is continuous load. Most mosfet BMS architecture are best when used 30+% below max ratings .

This guy is a fake. He works for Felicity. They sent me a similar picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-06-18-09-03-51-663_com.whatsapp.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-06-18-09-03-51-663_com.whatsapp.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 72
I have ordered 2 sets 15kw battery banks from Felicity Solar, new model. Will update when they arrive on battery BMS...Cell arraignment and other things that are catching my eye.
Second picture is from the factory when I visited them. They are

These are BYD Battery Packs; they come in many configurations, 4S, 8S, 16S.
1655515525380.png
Currently, BYD has been replacing battery packs from electric busses.

And this is the cell inside those battery packs:
1655515462668.png
This also what appears to be what is inside Felicity's 200AH, 300AH battery packs on wheels.
I am seeing also other battery pack makers using this cells.

You can make conclusions where the dots connect.

These are BYD Battery Packs; they come in many configurations, 4S, 8S, 16S.
View attachment 99034
Currently, BYD has been replacing battery packs from electric busses.

And this is the cell inside those battery packs:
This also what appears to be what is inside Felicity's 200AH, 300AH battery packs on wheels.
I am seeing also other battery pack makers using this cells.

You can make conclusions where the dots connect.
Newest model uses EVE cells. At least with information on hand i have from them. I have tow packs on the order and it will be stripped down for all to see if this is worth the money for other people to consider. If not passed my satisfaction i will write it off on my business expenses and reuse what is looking good for reverse engineering. Ordered 16 days ago still waiting for delivery.

oh felicity.
on the 170AH model, they used 170AH CATL cells which is around 3500 cycles new.

i doubt they used new cells, since the price is not manageable, plus alot of 170AH second hand cells flooding the market in China.
i mean, its not that bad, but advertising as 6000 cycles is miles misleading.

also they have cheaper model 200AH the real capacity is around 170AH. check this thread https://diysolarforum.com/threads/felicity-solar-batteries.26277/#post-310878

my friend also tried the 150AH model (7.5KW very popular in Lebanon) he managed to pull around 4.4kW from it ONLY.

just runaway from preassembled models. you never know whats inside the pack. i recommend buying EVE cells or equivalent and DIY with CANBUS BMS.
Newest model uses EVE cells. At least with information on hand i have from them. I have tow packs on the order and it will be stripped down for all to see if this is worth the money for other people to consider. If not passed my satisfaction i will write it off on my business expenses and reuse what is looking good for reverse engineering. Ordered 16 days ago still waiting for delivery.
I think people need to make a video a post it on YouTube on that way everyone can see the problem for the capacity and all others things about this batteries

No refund. They sent me the replacement part to fix one of the batteries that did not work. They tried to convince me that the pack was 10kwh if I charged all the way to 59V, which is not safe and the bms will not allow to go so high anyways. But apart from lack of honesty, for me 170ah was a good deal for the price I paid anyways.
No that's lying, a pairs of 86AH can make 200AH for sure, it makes no sense to charge the battery to 59V, on one hand whether the battery pack can be charged to 59V still a question, because this asks for high consistency of each cell, I guess they won't be able to charge up to 59V before the BMS shuts it off, on the other, when cells reachs to 3.4V or 3.5V, they are almost fully charged, which means, even you continue to lift the voltage, there is very less energy saved.

They are fooling you.

Does anyone know why felicity inverter plus 15kw battery lithium felicity why i cant check if BMS is working i usually with growatt when i take bms cable off after a while it will beep but with felicity inverter nothing

FYI an Australian company out of Melbourne: https://greenbanks.com.au/batteries/ sells Felicity batteries rebranded as their own, sold me a 12.5kwh battery and it tests to 8.4kwh (45v to 57.6v) I used Victron gear and verified with high quality battery lab testing equipment to get the numbers.
They promised me it was 16S CATL 250ah cells.
They told me it would only have a useable capacity of 10kwh because they cut the discharge at a magic voltage to preserve the health of the cells....
When I open the battery I am sure I will find they are either not 250ah cells or they are old 250ah cells.
I will be taking action as I have all the screenshots and emails of false statements and advertising.
Aussies beware of Green bank in Truganina/Melbourne.

FYI an Australian company out of Melbourne: https://greenbanks.com.au/batteries/ sells Felicity batteries rebranded as their own, sold me a 12.5kwh battery and it tests to 8.4kwh (45v to 57.6v) I used Victron gear and verified with high quality battery lab testing equipment to get the numbers.
They promised me it was 16S CATL 250ah cells.
They told me it would only have a useable capacity of 10kwh because they cut the discharge at a magic voltage to preserve the health of the cells....
When I open the battery I am sure I will find they are either not 250ah cells or they are old 250ah cells.
I will be taking action as I have all the screenshots and emails of false statements and advertising.
Aussies beware of Green bank in Truganina/Melbourne.
There are many of these stories about felicity. I suspect the company re-selling them knows how poor they are, but cut a deal. It's easy for them to pass them off, and claim they never knew. Felicity sets the specs. People everywhere should spread the message about felicity and those who surely know they are selling inferior products, while giving no indication to their unsuspecting customers. This is part of a critical power system for most. But there are also grossly inferior panels, inverters etc etc.

There are many of these stories about felicity. I suspect the company re-selling them knows how poor they are, but cut a deal. It's easy for them to pass them off, and claim they never knew. Felicity sets the specs. People everywhere should spread the message about felicity and those who surely know they are selling inferior products, while giving no indication to their unsuspecting customers. This is part of a critical power system for most. But there are also grossly inferior panels, inverters etc etc.
^THIS

Back