diy solar

diy solar

few questions about solar power....

Sorry I stand corrected lazada.ph is a minefield of junk best I could see was 560w jinko panels but a single is near $150, not posting a link as I don't know how to break it up from being affiliated therefore against rules.
2 of those 560 watt panels still better than 4 x 320 watt car sized ones that you saw in my photo, if you cant post a link.. please tell me what i should search for and on what platform ?

2 of those 560 watt panels still better than 4 x 320 watt car sized ones that you saw in my photo, if you cant post a link.. please tell me what i should search for and on what platform ?
I just searched "Solar panel" in Lazada and filtered the results by jinko brand and got this
Screenshot_20240626-071942~2.png

question for anybody that is still hopeful that i will mak this work.. lets say i buy just 1 of those 590 watt panel.. and i try to use it on my existing equipment.. (IE.. power bank composed of 2x 12v 50ah.. and the mppt) which sais 30amps.. so if the mppt can onlyt handle 360 watts of the 590 watts that the solar panel is dishing out.. will it give my power bank.. 360 watts or am i doing this wrong again ??? will maxing out the mppt damage it or start a july 1 fireworks?

A decent MPPT won't care that PV panel can deliver more power or current than it could handle. Just won't draw more than it wants.

Be sure not to connect backwards; if it has a reverse-protection diode, that can only short out limited current.

I haven't seen a 590W panel in person. Between 300 and 400W I'm able to swing around by myself.

I favor two panels in parallel, aimed at the sun for different times of the day. Then you get more hours of full power.

Is "2x 12v 50ah" LiFePO4 or sealed lead-acid?

Lead-acid may want 20A (for 2 in parallel), check specs.
LiFePO4 probably OK up to 50A if 2 in parallel.
(half that current if in series.)

A decent MPPT won't care that PV panel can deliver more power or current than it could handle. Just won't draw more than it wants.

Be sure not to connect backwards; if it has a reverse-protection diode, that can only short out limited current.

I haven't seen a 590W panel in person. Between 300 and 400W I'm able to swing around by myself.

I favor two panels in parallel, aimed at the sun for different times of the day. Then you get more hours of full power.

the 2batteries i believe are AGM although it is written GEL on the side...
assume that the mppt 30A is because of the wire gauge it uses... will the power bank get 360 watts or will i start a fire ?
scroll up to see the 590 watt panel

im just going to start rebuilding my solar setup 1 item at a time.. to begin with, 1 solar panel that claims it can deliver 590 watts.. i want 3 eventually.. and a better mppt and a inverter.. a real one that can handle fridge, pc and a 600 watt AC... .. and i also want 4 or 5x 12v 200ah batteries linked in paralel.. im not super awesome at math that might be 2400 wh x 4... wow... that is exactly what i want :) 9600 watts available to me once the sun goes away... that should give me enough juice to have the AC on till i get up...
this time all solar panels going to the mppt will be identical.. same brand same wattage
i will keep the 2 agm or gell batteries as back up... because you never know.. for the meantime i want to test 1x590 watt panel with my current setup...
i might be doing this wrong.. but i want to pump at least 1500 watts into my future 4 or 5 lifepo batteries... and be consuming 1000 watts at all times.. (AC , pc and fridge).. and left over goes into the 4-5 batteries.... is my math wrong here ?

Gel battery

"In this first BULK charging stage, the optimum charge current should be limited to 15% to 20% of the battery's C20 Ah rating. This stage should end when the cell voltage equals 2.35 volts per cell +/-.05 volts at 25°C/77°F."

If your two batteries are wired in parallel for 12V 100 Ah, that would be 15A to 20A max charge rate.
If in series for 24V 50Ah, 7.5A to 10A max charge rate.

Either way, 180w to 240W max charge rate.

Check technical documentation for your battery and follow that.

If you have a charger able to deliver more than 20A (or 10A) and you connect more than 240W of panels, it will charge at excessive rate and shorten life of battery.

Some equipment like an all in one or hybrid inverter may be able to take in 590W of PV, supply loads, but limit battery charging to the desired 10A or 20A. Stand-alone chargers won't do that because they don't know how much of their current goes to a load.

question for anybody that is still hopeful that i will make this work.
Sorry out of the country ATM so haven't been so active .
I haven't seen a 590W panel in person.
They're pretty monstrous 50% heavier than a typical 400w I'm pretty sure china just use SEAsia as a testing grounds there's very little difference in price to the smaller panels so your obviously just gonna buy big rather than try look for reviews and if they don't set on fire here on the heat all is good.
Some equipment like an all in one or hybrid inverter may be able to take in 590W of PV
@corporal_Canada I have a little 1.6kw Powmr AiO which has a startup mppt voltage of 30v so you could technically run it off a single panel to begin with it was also very cheap less than £200 the only issue I see you might have is the fans are likely too loud for your room.

just wanted to add the 12v lifepo4 battery my guam buddy linked was 10 or 11,000 pesos for only 100ah.. but i found 3.2v.. 50ah.. for only 1000.. 4 of those is less than half price and 2x the ah.. i have a bms, i will ask you guys how to link it and i think this is the smart choice.. your thoughts please

Sorry out of the country ATM so haven't been so active .

They're pretty monstrous 50% heavier than a typical 400w I'm pretty sure china just use SEAsia as a testing grounds there's very little difference in price to the smaller panels so your obviously just gonna buy big rather than try look for reviews and if they don't set on fire here on the heat all is good.

@corporal_Canada I have a little 1.6kw Powmr AiO which has a startup mppt voltage of 30v so you could technically run it off a single panel to begin with it was also very cheap less than £200 the only issue I see you might have is the fans are likely too loud for your room.
oh, noise isnt an issue, i lost my left ear in Korengal, Afghan.. that is a story for another day..
if your AIO can give me 1000 watts all day long.. i will take it.. solar of course..

dont hesitate to link things, Philippines is all about screenshots and images.. these industreous bastards took the smartphone age and conquered it.. they have my respect

diy solar

diy solar
Back