diy solar

diy solar

First 3kw DIY solar with PowMr split phase inverter10kw

There needs to be a separate rating system for how good they do when cracked and how long they last

we need some clear spray (FLEX SEAL (lmao)) for them too
Honestly never thought it would make such a drastic impact. Live an learn

Where you get them? From used panel places like santan you can trade them back in because those will be below their ~80% rating.
IDK what they do with them, probably give them to someone else that isn't gonna test them 🤣

Where you get them? From used panel places like santan you can trade them back in because those will be below their ~80% rating.
IDK what they do with them, probably give them to someone else that isn't gonna test them 🤣
I got them from a guy that sells new used and cracked. They are actually going to credit me the full amount and I'm going to use it towards the money needed to buy the new ones.

What's Santan?

Update!

I got the full refund on the 10,000 w split phase inverter but they kept 150 for "restocking"

I got a killer deal on a single phase 220-240v 6.5kw 48v for $342 bucks including shipping.

I also bought 6 new 360w Trina mono crystalline panels for 600 bucks..

Measures them with the mppt meter and they make 340w with full sun.

Still waiting on the inverter. One cool thing about this model is it can actually be programmed to put out as low as 120v single phase.

Attachments

• 18457748342096267760.jpg
    18457748342096267760.jpg
    263.8 KB · Views: 4
Update!

I got the full refund on the 10,000 w split phase inverter but they kept 150 for "restocking"

I got a killer deal on a single phase 220-240v 6.5kw 48v for $342 bucks including shipping.

Still waiting on the inverter. One cool thing about this model is it can actually be programmed to put out as low as 120v single phase.
Huh?

Update!

Are all your loads 230v only?

Are all your loads 230v only?
My main load will be 230v which is a mini split. It consumes max 2300w. So the plan is dedicate the solar panels and inverter to that load.

My second largest constant load is the refrigerator so I was thinking of doing a smaller solar array with one of these grid tie micro inverters for the smaller load. Thoughts ?

I'm curious how those little micro inverters work apparently they work.
I wonder if they push enough power to the grid of one of the phases we're it offsets the consumption without back feeding the meter.

My main load will be 230v which is a mini split. It consumes max 2300w. So the plan is dedicate the solar panels and inverter to that load.

My second largest constant load is the refrigerator so I was thinking of doing a smaller solar array with one of these grid tie micro inverters for the smaller load. Thoughts ?

I wonder if they push enough power to the grid of one of the phases we're it offsets the consumption without back feeding the meter.

If you will have any 120v loads on the 230v inverter you need an autotransformer.

If it's only the mini split then you don't.

I bet you those micro inverters are inefficient as hell. A 5 kw growatt grid tie is $720. 6kw $750.

With a micro inverter or any grid tie inverter you have to be connected to the grid or they don't produce power.

I was trying to explain how the refund went on the initial inverter and the new stuff I bought.
I got the part of it.

This is what confused me.
I got a killer deal on a single phase 220-240v 6.5kw 48v

Do you have a model number or product link for the AIO you got?
I think you will be wasting a lot of potential power...
Don't do it.

Don't do it...

So you have 120V and 240V loads? Are you in the USA?

I got the part of it.

This is what confused me.

Do you have a model number or product link for the AIO you got?

I think you will be wasting a lot of potential power...

Don't do it.

Don't do it...

So you have 120V and 240V loads? Are you in the USA?
Sorry it was alot for one post.

Yes this I can add the product link for the inverter but some forums ban members for that soni didn't want to risk it. But this is the manual and product info. https://powmr.com/products/6500w-220vac-24vdc-hybrid-inverter-charger

Yes I'm in the US my typical consumption is now under 20kw a day from the grid. 75% of that is Air-conditioning on 240v 10% is instant water heater(approx 2kw and it's a late night load with a 15 min 50amp drain) and the remainder is 120v my refrigerator computer and monitors. Typical 24 hour loads see below. They get to about double that into the summer so I'm looking at approx 35-40kw in the summer.

Im not looking to invest into batteries at this time due to cost versus return on investment.

I have the 6 new Trina 360w panels.

So I just need a little help on getting loads distributed without a split phase inverter.

So far my total expenses are $600 solar panels and $350 on the inverter and misc wires breakers $100.

Typical bill in the summer can be over $350

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240426-085155.png
    Screenshot_20240426-085155.png
    107.3 KB · Views: 2
I do not recommend using a Euro 230vAC 50hz AIO in the US unless you fully understand how the US split phase system operates. Most US designed devices require 2 hot legs (L1, L2) and a neutral leg and the Euro standard is 1 hot leg at L1 and the neutral at L2.

Yes the Euro/Asian standard 230vAC single phase AIO's are cheaper but they often are a poor choice if not a completely wrong choice for the US market.

I do not recommend using a Euro 230vAC 50hz AIO in the US unless you fully understand how the US split phase system operates. Most US designed devices require 2 hot legs (L1, L2) and a neutral leg and the Euro standard is 1 hot leg at L1 and the neutral at L2.

Yes the Euro/Asian standard 230vAC single phase AIO's are cheaper but they often are a poor choice if not a completely wrong choice for the US market.
Understood. This one does 50hz or 60 hz. The minisplit doesnt need a neutral just 240v and ground. So the goal is to dedicate the inverter to mini split loads or new 220v single phase loads.

A while back I considered using a 230vAC single phase AIO and buying Euro standard appliances that could be powered by it. I eventually decide against it. Some folks at the Forum here have bought them and added transformers to the output to get split phase. There are some special requirements and problems going that route.

Back