diy solar

diy solar

First real system test.

Minimoose

A Winter storm took out our electric on Friday the 4th just as I was getting up to work a 16 hour day. I broke out the Ecoflow delta and made coffee,toast, and plugged in the fridge. I left for work and my wife lit the kerosene heater and plugged up the inverter for the well pump. I didn't have to worry about her trying to start a generator. Man! What a good feeling! We ran all day on the Ecoflow and the well inverter and never even touched the house inverter. I feel sure I could go at least 24-36 hours without sun. Very proud of my wife! I wasn't sure she was actually paying attention when I instructed her on the inverter systems. The power outage only lasted 12 hours, but it gave me insight on my systems capabilities.

Agreed, its very comforting to know you will have power when the grid goes down. Its only happened a couple of times for a short period but we sure feel like the cost of back-up was well worth it. BTW, perhaps you could have your wife call my wife because she has NO interest in understanding how the system works or what to do if I were not home.

Back