diy solar

diy solar

Florida Solar Permitting?

Jmaydays

I haven't seen info on the need of a DIY Solar permit in Seminole County Florida. Seems like the concensus is stay off the roof and don't tie into grid? Don't want the grid tie, but roof panels would be the ideal location for 30 panels.

I'm in Lake County and did DIY off grid with roof panels, I used Greenlancer online for my plans sets and engineer drawings. I filed the permits myself and dealt with inspection. Was not too bad in the end.

Just be organized, know exactly what you want, hardware and specs upfront. Be ready to purchase any outstanding hardware immediately once approved as your then bound by your plans. If your solar panels go out of stock or EOL / Roof fixings you chose are not available you will have to file for an addendum and change your plans to submit addendum. It all costs extras.

I'm in Lake County and did DIY off grid with roof panels, I used Greenlancer online for my plans sets and engineer drawings. I filed the permits myself and dealt with inspection. Was not too bad in the end.

Just be organized, know exactly what you want, hardware and specs upfront. Be ready to purchase any outstanding hardware immediately once approved as your then bound by your plans. If your solar panels go out of stock or EOL / Roof fixings you chose are not available you will have to file for an addendum and change your plans to submit addendum. It all costs extras.
Super helpful! Thank you.

Back