diy solar

diy solar

Fly Power battery pack

elewis33

Has anyone bought/used the Fly Power battery off Amazon? Any thoughts? They're inexpensive which makes them appealing but they're probably not well made.

Well, I just bought one of these on Amazon with a 10% off coupon brought it to $421.72. That's just too good of a deal to pass up and take a chance on. Delivery (Jan 21 - Feb 11). So there is the rub, It's coming from china on the slow boat.

The recent teardown of chinese battery packs have shown that the cells are good but that the connections may need some attention. I plan on pulling the cover off and looking at things and making adjustments. Worst case I have to rebuild the pack or possibly harvest the cells and make my own which I would still be ahead on the cost of the cells alone.

This is for a enclosed v nose trailer that I'm putting a bunk and small kitchen with a 12v fridge, led lights, TV, Stereo, Inverter for power tools. Think mini garage toyhauler.

Can’t say for sure, but that battery looks a lot like the Scream Power LiFePO4 on Amazon.

The case and charger appears to be identical, and based on what I read about their shipping method, it’s also the same.

The battery comes from China by boat initially, and the tracking number they give you doesn’t work. Not sure if they don’t have the FedEx number, or don’t share it unless you contact them.

The Scream Power battery maker goes by the name Kepler Industrial. So Flypower might be a different company.

Amazon.com: Scream Power

Well, I just bought one of these on Amazon with a 10% off coupon brought it to $421.72. That's just too good of a deal to pass up and take a chance on. Delivery (Jan 21 - Feb 11). So there is the rub, It's coming from china on the slow boat.

The recent teardown of chinese battery packs have shown that the cells are good but that the connections may need some attention. I plan on pulling the cover off and looking at things and making adjustments. Worst case I have to rebuild the pack or possibly harvest the cells and make my own which I would still be ahead on the cost of the cells alone.

This is for a enclosed v nose trailer that I'm putting a bunk and small kitchen with a 12v fridge, led lights, TV, Stereo, Inverter for power tools. Think mini garage toyhauler.
Did your ever get that battery? How has the performance been?

Anyone actually receive one of these flypower/scream power and test the capacity? I wonder if return shipping is almost the cost of the battery from Canada? To me it was too big of an unknown/gamble. Interested to hear from anyone who took the plunge?

Anyone actually receive one of these flypower/scream power and test the capacity? I wonder if return shipping is almost the cost of the battery from Canada? To me it was too big of an unknown/gamble. Interested to hear from anyone who took the plunge?
I have 400ah @24v from them. No issues, they provide the stated capacity. I'd buy another from them.

Considering 2-3 Fly Power 12v200ah lifepo4 batteries for a remote cabin in northern Mn. Has anyone used ths battery? Your experience with them. They will be paired with 2 x 330 watt panals and FM 60/150 mppt. They would be connected in parallel .... probably a Magnum 2012 pure sine inverter / charger. When connecting in parallel, can the be connected together or does each battery need to be wired to a common bus bar for the bms to function properly? Thanks

Considering the reliability observed testing dozens of brands of batteries, I would expect failure of any but the very best.
So to me, DIY would be the way to go in order to be able to repair/replace anything in it. You may be able to open up and repair an assembled battery, but easier to start out that way.

Each BMS is going to manage its own cells and limit its own current. Paralleled, you want matched resistance so current splits evenly. That can be busbar or cables. If you plan for multiple batteries, consider higher voltage 24 or 48 rather than parallel. Make sure BMS supports multiple in series if you do that with 12V batteries. Better, have a single BMS for the 8 or 16 cells in series.

Sounds like your charge rate and discharge rate will be relatively low compared to battery capacity. That will be less stressing on them and less problem if not perfectly balanced current flow.

Remote ... northern. Make sure BMS prevents low-temperature charging.

diy solar

diy solar
Back