diy solar

diy solar

Forum issue? Posts freezing

Bluedog225

Texas
Is anyone else having a problem with the forum freezing when typing a post?

I’ve run a couple of tests on other forums and no issues. But here, in the middle of a moderately long post, like this one, the keyboard freezes. I’m on an iPad. The keyboard and screen both freeze. No inputs allowed. Using DuckDuckGo app as the browser.

To fix it, I have to close the window and come back. Has happened a half dozen times.

Curious if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this.

Thanks

Is anyone else having a problem with the forum freezing when typing a post?

I’ve run a couple of tests on other forums and no issues. But here, in the middle of a moderately long post, like this one, the keyboard freezes. I’m on an iPad. The keyboard and screen both freeze. No inputs allowed. Using DuckDuckGo app as the browser.

To fix it, I have to close the window and come back. Has happened a half dozen times.

Curious if it’s just me or if others are experiencing this.

Thanks
I had this happen to me last night when I was typing a reply. My browser ended up crashing. Thought it was just me.

Good to know. It’s a recent development for me.

Been using the same hardware and software for ages.

on ipad here, posted multiple times today, no issues, but i’ll keep an eye out.
I’m on iPadOS 17.4.1 and safari

It's been happening to me with duckduckgo browser for a while, mainly when viewing posts with lots of video links or embedded photos. The majority of the time it happens in the chit chat zone so I can't really complain.
I found toggling data on and off normally helps.

I had this happen to me last night when I was typing a reply. My browser ended up crashing. Thought it was just me.
It randomly happens to me on IPad , Not a crash or freeze but a hugely delayed typing response…rebooting the device may help …. It happens on a few other sites too..but an IPad is notorious for behaving oddly if not rebooted once a day….sometimes more than once or they will freeze or behave weirdly..

It randomly happens to me on IPad , Not a crash or freeze but a hugely delayed typing response…rebooting the device may help …. It happens on a few other sites too..but an IPad is notorious for behaving oddly if not rebooted once a day….sometimes more than once or they will freeze or behave weirdly..
First time I was aware of it happening on my iPad, but I’m usually on the computer.

First time I was aware of it happening on my iPad, but I’m usually on the computer.
I have had about 10 IPads ( and more IPhones) ..you almost have to reboot once a day or so or both will behave oddly if being pushed or worked hard.( their little AI brain gets cranky when tired) ..
My laptop didn’t do it near as often …

WIFE: …My iPhone isn’t working right……..
ME: ……Have you rebooted it today? If not do it.

Wife : Ok it’s working now…..thx..

ME:…. I have told her that for years…. I think she needs rebooting…

Back