diy solar

diy solar

General Battery Charging/BMS circuitry

HaldorEE

Solar Addict
I have built some of his audio circuitry and he seems to know what he is talking about. This is aimed more at Lion (3.7V cells), but perhaps there is stuff of general interest here.

I have built some of his audio circuitry and he seems to know what he is talking about. This is aimed more at Lion (3.7V cells), but perhaps there is stuff of general interest here.

Interesting link. The Texas instruments impedance tracking battery SOC monitors sound interesting, I wonder if there are any commercial battery SOC gauges for LFP chemistry build on this TI chip. That might be a useful product in an off grid solar setup.

Interesting link. The Texas instruments impedance tracking battery SOC monitors sound interesting, I wonder if there are any commercial battery SOC gauges for LFP chemistry build on this TI chip. That might be a useful product in an off grid solar setup.
I bet they do. Here is white paper from TI on the subject if you want to do more research.

I used a very similar technique (not the IC) to track SOC on a primary lithium cell used in oil well instrumentation.

Back