diy solar

diy solar

Generator connection to Schneider AGS

JDFEARL

I have a Schneider system and wanted to connect my generator to it, But I don't what wires to connect from the generator starter to the AGS harness.
Do I need a controller of some sort in between the AGS and the Generator? I am lost here. LOL I attached the generator diagram and the AGS manual if anyone is willing to take a look. If nothing else direct me to a generator that will work with the Schneider AGS.

Thanks

Attachments

• generator.pdf
    540.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Schneider Conext-AGS-Owners-Guide.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
I browsed the generator schematic and the AGS manual last night and didn't come up with a definite solution. The Gen wiring doesn't seem to fit into any of the AGS 1-14 starting scenarios due to lack of a common ground that can be used on the double throw, relay 1 for both run and stop signals.

The fuel selector switch only uses 1 pole which indicates the gen is dual fuel for Gasoline or Nat Gas/Propane so the fuel solenoid is only used for Nat Gas? If this is true then the gen would auto stop when the FS to G connection was opened and the fuel solenoid shut off.

On the other hand, there would be no auto stop function when using the other fuel type without the additional IG to E connection being made to ground out the spark. I will re-read the AGS manual but didn't see how one of the other relays could be used for the IG to E stop signal.

Relay 2 is used for Start/Cranking, that is fairly straight forward using the BAT to ST terminals.

Email Schneider. They are pretty good about responding, they helped me set up our generator with the AGS.

Back