diy solar

diy solar

Generic Jiangsu Solarman 600w Panels $130 on Amazon

I_HATE_TROLLS

Goodbye diysolarforum
This one takes the cake, .25c/watt to your door. I just ordered 10 panels and Amazon says it will arrive in a few days...

The listing:
https://www.amazon.com/High-Power-Solar-Panel-600W-Monocrystalline/dp/B0B829VGHQ/ref=sr_1_3?m=A4075M2EL2H3Z&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&qid=1659825225&s=merchant-items&sr=1-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.f5122f16-c3e8-4386-bf32-63e904010ad0

The brand states generic but the model # infers Jiangsu Solaman: SM-210-120-600w

I think they are the same panels, they are advertised as new and the item dimensions above would be correct if the decimal-places were moved to the left 1 place. I converted to mm and got the same size as the SM120-620 (620w) panels:
SM-210-120-600w.jpg
I hope this works-out, such a great deal. If anyone finds a review, video, etc let me know.

I paid an extra 8$ to have it expedited, they were showing delivery 2+ weeks out for free shipping so I took the hit ;)
So those 100w and 200w Acopower panels were also TGTBT, I'm seeing a trend here :)

let us know how it works out for you Monty, i trust amazon about as much as a rabid badger, but great deal even if they only give you 400w

let us know how it works out for you Monty, i trust amazon about as much as a rabid badger, but great deal even if they only give you 400w
Anywhere but Amazon I'd get 10 of them right now. They are modern day Carpet Baggers.

That sounds like lots of watts out of a panel, but it is a pretty big panel at 2.8 sq meters. That means they are claiming about 22% efficiency at STC, which is near the top of what I've heard of lately. I'd be pretty surprised at that price if they really tested out at 620W at STC.

Edit to add: Just noticed a couple of things in the Amazon listing. First, they say that the model number ends in "580~620W". My guess is that they are saying the panels actually range from 580W to 620W at STC, but they are name-plating them all with 620W. Not the normally accepted practice. Second, they do specifically list the efficiency at 21.9%. Like I said, that is high, but not high enough to be clearly a lie.

The image on Amazon shows MC4 cables are ~6 inches long and no junction box? Am I seeing that correctly?

Man, I am really tempted. I've been afraid to order anything that large and fragile from Amazon.. but the price! I could possibly run two of them off a Victron 100/20 (and max it out) or a 100/30 . My climate is not very cold.. most of the time. If it's really a VOC of 41.85V. I would just be @Will Prowse styling them on the ground.

The good thing is at least amazon is good on returns if things aren't as described. I used to love Amazon, now I hate them for several reasons, but there is something to be said for their return policy.

Anywhere but Amazon I'd get 10 of them right now. They are modern day Carpet Baggers.
I honestly have tried so very hard for months to get a good-deal(heck a fair deal would have done) on any solar panels and I'm in AZ. I don't like Amazon and think they encompass everything that going wrong lately in the states, and I tried hard to buy American-made panels from a local solar distributor. What I was getting was either:
* 300% marked-up prices
* installer-rejected panels
* shady shipping companies, prices, no tracking
* full-of-shit sales people treat you like your an idiot(probably for calling them in the 1st place)

This probably deserves another discussion on why-on-earth solar panels are not being built locally by freakin glass-shops employing local people everywhere the sun shines in America.

The image on Amazon shows MC4 cables are ~6 inches long and no junction box? Am I seeing that correctly?
These panels are more-designed to be series-stringed together and a box adds to resistance(power-cables).
If you look at these panels sold by Santan you will see the same orientation for the cables(different brand panel):

price keeps increasing. Now up to $200
Possibly was a pricing error and when they got the order they saw it and fixed it. But they're probably honoring the lower purchased price. That happened to me with some suspension mounts for my old car years ago. Got them for $5 when they are normally $25. After my order they went up to normal but theyvstill shipped me $50 ofounts for $10.

just saw that, still a great deal but keep in-mind there may be more like this out-there...
Searching for anything on Amazon is shell-game, their algorithms steer you to the pile.. Filter for all 'generic' panels by price and what you need to look for is those listings that don't show prices or availability(Amazon is screwing 3rd-party sellers this way to drive business to themselves) and click on the 'buying options' or 'also sold by' or whatever else they decide to change it to, obfuscate it by...
Hope this helps

Possibly was a pricing error and when they got the order they saw it and fixed it. But they're probably honoring the lower purchased price. That happened to me with some suspension mounts for my old car years ago. Got them for $5 when they are normally $25. After my order they went up to normal but theyvstill shipped me $50 ofounts for $10.
I think after I posted lots of folks started buying the panels and the seller realized he/she could get a lot more :)

Back