diy solar

diy solar

Generic Jiangsu Solarman 600w Panels $130 on Amazon

Well, the seller is in Latvia with no history on Amazon. In my opinion there is a 99.99% chance you'll get nothing.
0.01% chance they aren't factoring in the tariff cost on the Chinese made panels, but that the seller really wants to ship you panels from Europe.

I paid the $8.99 and that was for the entire order to be expedited!!!
I was thinking even $8.99 for each panels would be a deal :)
I ordered 10 panels as well
And I immediately had a call that went to voicemail:

I need this is Mita from amazon.com regarding the order you have please. Thank you.
I assume they want to talk about transport costs etc.
Since there is no question in the message and they did not instruct me to call back, I will wait and see what happens.

Doh.. I figured I had time to take a shower before ordering, and now they are $70 more just like you said. The shipping costs would be so expensive that they had to come to their senses fast. I'm still considering it just to see the chaos with the shipping.

Well, the seller is in Latvia with no history on Amazon. In my opinion there is a 99.99% chance you'll get nothing.
0.01% chance they aren't factoring in the tariff cost on the Chinese made panels, but that the seller really wants to ship you panels from Europe.
Well note that the Acopower panels(both 100w & 200w) have the same thing, seller's in other countries and in both cases folks got their panels(and working according to Rob). The panels came from California shipped by FEDEX but the seller's address were in China(have a lookie). But you are very right to be pessimistic, once the order has shipped I will reply-back.

Doh.. I figured I had time to take a shower before ordering, and now they are $70 more just like you said. The shipping costs would be so expensive that they had to come to their senses fast. I'm still considering it just to see the chaos with the shipping.
I have a feeling there are going to be many more deals like this
I ordered 10 panels as well
And I immediately had a call that went to voicemail:

I assume they want to talk about transport costs etc.
Since there is no question in the message and they did not instruct me to call back, I will wait and see what happens.
very interesting, I did not get any voicemail like you did. But that is very strange and perhaps it is a fraud check or something...

I have a feeling there are going to be many more deals like this
Now they just need to do it for lifepo4 batteries of decent quality, and we are in business! Heck, I have no weight or space constraints.. I would take cheap AGM batteries if I could get em.

Now they just need to do it for lifepo4 batteries of decent quality, and we are in business! Heck, I have no weight or space constraints.. I would take cheap AGM batteries if I could get em.
I would look at purchasing used LiON batteries from salvage yards, lots of Bolts and Volts out there at very good prices. And these are water-cooled batteries that are designed for high-current output(120kw) - something you will never experience in your home use. The batteries may outlast you(but hope not) :)

I don't even trust the lion batteries in my phone or cordless tools. I'm certainly not sticking hundreds of pounds of them in my garage or dried up yard. Unfortunately for me at this point it's AGM or lifepo4 only until some new technology comes out. :)

I don't even trust the lion batteries in my phone or cordless tools. I'm certainly not sticking hundreds of pounds of them in my garage or dried up yard. Unfortunately for me at this point it's AGM or lifepo4 only until some new technology comes out. :)
So you are righteous to be concerned about that, but we deal with all kinds of situations like this with knowledge & planning:
* natural gas
* HV-AC(every outlet in your house no GFI)
* gasoline generators(how many people will die this winter in the US)?

I would really like to start a larger discussion/thread on this to address the safety of the system you are proposing rather than just blanket-state lifepo4(or any battery technology) are not safe. For examples, Tesla batteries as we all know are 'not safe' as any given day of the week you hear, see one on fire(and sometimes the cars next to it). But the Leaf, Volt, even the troubled-Bolt(blame it on LG-Korea for getting drunk-on-the-job) almost never(think the gen2 volt has never had a battery-fire - someone keep me honest here).

Considering how there are already pretty nice recycling procedures in place for lead acid / agm.. if they just weren't so stupidly expensive for how simple they are, I would just use tons of them, literally, instead. No electronics on them to fail, easy recycling.. they just aren't cheap enough for their real storage capacity. They seem to be around $180-200 for a deep cycle 100ah AGM.. at about $80-100 I might bite and have a bunch of them.. I want to use them as both batteries and cinder blocks to hold down my ground mounted solar panels.

Considering how there are already pretty nice recycling procedures in place for lead acid / agm.. if they just weren't so stupidly expensive for how simple they are, I would just use tons of them, literally, instead. No electronics on them to fail, easy recycling.. they just aren't cheap enough for their real storage capacity. They seem to be around $180-200 for a deep cycle 100ah AGM.. at about $80-100 I might bite and have a bunch of them.. I want to use them as both batteries and cinder blocks to hold down my ground mounted solar panels.
I think the big issue is with all of this is that homes are built/designed for this system that we live in. I think we need a system/culture that generally supports recycling. And with that said, I think the NiFe battery(some call it the Edison battery but he did not invent it - just stole the patent) is the way-to-go for the home. While Nickel has health concerns it's better than lead in/around the home and the cost is a fraction of what the lead-acid would be.

Last edited:
$250, my indecision has made the choice for me. I'll have to wait for the next batch of panels that montydtm brings to our attention.

Heh, that will only happen if the panels I purchased don't work-out as I won't be looking anymore. And now that I've got my panels on-the-way I'm not looking anymore, in-fact I hate Amazon almost as much as buying non-American made products...

Basically, in the last 3 days I have panels ordered for:
my home(600w panels)
my garage(200w panels)
holiday presents, camping, mobile-generator (100w panels)

Heh, that will only happen if the panels I purchased don't work-out as I won't be looking anymore. And now that I've got my panels on-the-way I'm not looking anymore, in-fact I hate Amazon almost as much as buying non-American made products...

my home(600w panels)
my garage(200w panels)
Wait 6 months when another deal comes by and you _will_ buy more panels. One can never have enough solar [TM] :cool:
Don't forget to post about it though

my home(600w panels)
my garage(200w panels)

You aren't allowed to stop looking now that you've become the go to guy. Someone has to monitor Amazon for generic panels at an extreme discount for us.

There we have it
Screenshot from 2022-08-07 14-48-26.png
"problem with order"

Hmm I don't see that with any of my other orders I placed recently who still need to be delivered.
When I click on it, _I_ can cancel, which I obviously will not

I wonder if anybody will get them at the $250 price.. that's still a total loss on their end after shipping on something larger than a door.

Back