diy solar

diy solar

Grade A 280Ah prismatic cell price

YasasJ

Hi,

By looking on internet, I found a lot of details around lifepo cells. I intend buy 16 cells from alibaba for my home project. I found merchants from both docan and basen, they offer me cell price around $110. They both told me their cells were grade A and EVE brand. Then I contact merchant from seplos and he offers GBS 280Ah cell for $164. I got confused from his offer and I asked the reason for it. He told me, for their cells, they will provide 10 years warranty and each and every cell is tested and verify according data spreadsheet for specification match. He also told me no one can offer grade A cell for price under $110, he assumed Grade A EVE 280Ah should be around $200. Then I contact seller from official EVE company site on alibaba, he told me 280Ah Grade A will be around $123. Now I'm facing a big issue, I don't know who to trust or who telling truth. When I browsing, I found a Chinese seller statement that, real Grade A battery will never be out for normal end users, bcz all Grade A batteries will be delivered to auto mobile industries.

What should I select? is it seplos or docan/basen? I appreciate any thoughts around this matter.

regards...

Hi,

By looking on internet, I found a lot of details around lifepo cells. I intend buy 16 cells from alibaba for my home project. I found merchants from both docan and basen, they offer me cell price around $110. They both told me their cells were grade A and EVE brand. Then I contact merchant from seplos and he offers GBS 280Ah cell for $164. I got confused from his offer and I asked the reason for it. He told me, for their cells, they will provide 10 years warranty and each and every cell is tested and verify according data spreadsheet for specification match. He also told me no one can offer grade A cell for price under $110, he assumed Grade A EVE 280Ah should be around $200. Then I contact seller from official EVE company site on alibaba, he told me 280Ah Grade A will be around $123. Now I'm facing a big issue, I don't know who to trust or who telling truth. When I browsing, I found a Chinese seller statement that, real Grade A battery will never be out for normal end users, bcz all Grade A batteries will be delivered to auto mobile industries.

What should I select? is it seplos or docan/basen? I appreciate any thoughts around this matter.

regards...
You might want to watch this video.

Was it clear to the Alibabe EVE representative that you wanted only 16 cells? Maybe that is a price that someone gets for multiple pallets.
you mean $109 - $110 one... actually if I buy more cells, I can get more discount....

you mean $109 - $110 one... actually if I buy more cells, I can get more discount....
I contacted Amy at Luyan, because I am also looking to order, and she gave me a price of about $110 (before shipping) but those are for the cells explictly that are "not grade A". Luyan has grade A for about $150. What could be pushing the price of grade A cells down right now is if electric vehicle manufacturers sales have fallen. But for sure the price of grade A is going to fall all the way to the price of "not grade A".

My understanding was that we couldn’t not get automotive grade cells which were considered to be A+ cells and that we were being sold what was A Grade that did not quite meet automotive quality but were suitable for what we use them for.

Take a look at this thread which states what what EVE and CATL are doing so as to distinguish between the different grades.

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/eve-identifies-grade-b-cells-using-new-marking-method.40287/

Maybe the cells are what Lucan previously called A grade but because of the changes in marking the cells they can no longer do that. So now we are getting B grade cells but not the ’B’ grade poor quality cells as we previously knew them. Just my thoughts but I’m sure Amy will confirm this if asked.

Tim

@ghostwriter66 did a great post on cell quality so maybe she could shed more light on the quality given the changes by EVE and CATL.

hey guys, I've some updates... but I'm still waiting for reply from one of the merchant on alibaba. Actually he represents EVE cell manufacturing company. Looks like his identity is valid. So far with my findings I believe there is Grade A + type of cell (a.k.a automotive) Thanks for your sharing @Tim Tim. I agree with @ghostwriter66 post. Also please check her reply on this thread, https://diysolarforum.com/threads/a...ron-phosphate-battery-cells-and-others.27968/ On this subject we can't exactly say who is right or wrong. I've a small suggestion, we've to go with the merchant, our guts tell us to go. But let's keep posts on here about our experience on these cells. We've to monitor these cells closely next 2 to 5 years. If we purchase Grade A cell, I think its life span should be between 3 - 5 years (I know it depends on a lot of facts. I mean this years on general terms)

Anyway, I'll post my findings on next week.

We've to monitor these cells closely next 2 to 5 years. If we purchase Grade A cell, I think its life span should be between 3 - 5 years (I know it depends on a lot of facts. I mean this years on general terms)
I would/will be beyond pissed if my new LiFeP04 cells only last 3-5 years! They better last AT LEAST 2x that!!! LA batteries typically last closer to 3-5 years...

Hi,

regards...
Search for Amy Wan on Alibaba, her company name is Shenzhen Luyuan. Excellent packaging, you receive the EVE test reports, you will be satisfied with what you receive. You also pay more, but you get what you pay for with no excuse about "we lost the test report", etc.

Hi,

regards...
After purchased I noticed My AliBaba seller is representing EVE304 Cells as “A-“ ! NOTE this misrepresentation!! After researching I’m assuming Their - means “minus “, however EVE only classification is A or B!! Guess I’ll make them eat it if not a true QR code for A grade. Always use PAYPAL with AliBaba trade assurance !!

Back