diy solar

diy solar

Grounding question - how to connect ECG from panels to Growatt inverter

cansel

Hi,

I found this video on another post where Mike Holt explains that you should use one common grounding point for the whole system rather than using multiple rods.

In practice, how would you connect the PV EGC to the inverter? I have a Growatt SPF 6000 DVM MVP and there are only two entries for the PV array. No ground. The PV array and combiner box (with surge suppressor) is about 70 feet from the inverter and the inverter and battery are in a shed about 50 feet from the main panel. Could I use a ground busbar to connect the ground cables of the PV array, battery and inverter in the shed and then run a single ground wire to the main panel where the Neutral - Ground is bonded? Would I need a separate ground cable for the Surge Suppressor or could I connect the two together?

Thanks

Could I use a ground busbar to connect the ground cables of the PV array, battery and inverter in the shed and then run a single ground wire to the main panel where the Neutral - Ground is bonded?
Yes, that is a common way of doing it.
Would I need a separate ground cable for the Surge Suppressor or could I connect the two together?
Either way is fine.

For clarification.
Battery ground is just for metal battery enclosues and racking. (Not battery negative)

Back