diy solar

diy solar

Growatt 2.2kW 3HP Solar Pump Inverter l SPI 2200TL2-HV

Pat.Sharp

Seeking advice if this would be a good inverter to power my submersible well pump, or if there is a better solution. Please let me know any first hand knowledge you have, if you have a similar setup.

Growatt 2.2kW 3HP Solar Pump Inverter l Water Pump Inverter | Grid-Assisted | SPI 2200TL2-HV​

(non-affiliate link to the inverter: https://signaturesolar.com/growatt-2-2kw-3hp-l-spi-22000tl2-hv/)

I currently have a 400' deep well, and just ordered a Grundfos 1.5Hp, 240V, single phase pump, model 15SQ15-290. Initially I plan to run the pump intermittently powering it with a generator to fill a 2,500 gallon tank that I will drawing from. The well is about 500 feet from where I have my living area/RV. I currently only have a small amount of solar mounted on my RV and have plans to install a medium/large solar system in the future - but not sure when that will be. But for now, I would like to get the well producing so that I can start watering a garden, trees, plants, etc.

So, hopefully someone on here has already tried this inverter with a similarly sized pump, and can give a thumbs up or down, and some advice.

Thanks!

Patrick, part of the resistance living in occupied California.

Last edited:
This unit is weird, I have gotten it all setup except for one thing for it to work, it comes default set to 50hz and for some reason it will not save the setting when I change it to 60hz and thus the pump will not start. The instructions are vague and not very helpful. If I get mine working on my single phase 240V 1hp deep well pump I will post what I did to get it working, but so far it's been kinda frustrating.

This unit is weird, I have gotten it all setup except for one thing for it to work, it comes default set to 50hz and for some reason it will not save the setting when I change it to 60hz and thus the pump will not start. The instructions are vague and not very helpful. If I get mine working on my single phase 240V 1hp deep well pump I will post what I did to get it working, but so far it's been kinda
Thanks for posting! As I understand it, ac power runs through the inverter, and is supplemented by pv when available…? Looking forward to your progress.

This unit is weird, I have gotten it all setup except for one thing for it to work, it comes default set to 50hz and for some reason it will not save the setting when I change it to 60hz and thus the pump will not start. The instructions are vague and not very helpful. If I get mine working on my single phase 240V 1hp deep well pump I will post what I did to get it working, but so far it's been kinda frustrating.
I had a bit of a hiccup with a growatt inverter, turns out the stated minimum input voltage was not accurate. After adding more panels, it worked. Just a thought.

Just checking back here after a few months. I installed the pump and have been running it with a generator, but as the weather is warming up I'm planning to take another stab at getting it running on solar. I see that no one has reported back with an actual install using this inverter. I recall that I did contact signature solar about the item, and they said they didn't know much about it and recommended a full growatt system costing many times more than this unit. If I do get this unit, I'll update here with what the experience was like.

Back