diy solar

diy solar

Growatt AIO SPF 3000TL Not Recognizing Solar

HighDesertOffgrid

Solar Addict
I have this AIO installed in a small system feeding an unused, stationary RV. I checked the system after several months and noticed there was no screen. After checking the batteries 2- 12v/220a LiPo4 in series, I realized the batteries were low (one at 11.75 and one @ 12.4). I disconnected the batteries and charged them in parallel to 13.2ish, and reinstalled them. The AIO fired up but does not detect any solar input on the display. My meter shows 129V on the PV inputs, but the system is not charging and the display on "page" 10 shows insane numbers that remain the same whether the PV breaker is on or off. There are no error codes or fault lights and I have cycled the power switch several times without effect.
Is there any magic trick to reset the PV side of this thing, or is it scrap?
Growatt screen.jpg

Apparently I have a unique, one-off issue. I think I'll put another charge controller into the system and keep the inverter function of the Growatt. This is why I avoid AIO components like the plague.

Seems like a strange issue. If you measure voltage on the solar lugs on the AIO but the AIO does not indicate any solar perhaps a fuse is blown inside the unit. Do you have a grid supply to test grid function?

I tend to agree about having discrete components over an AIO concept but they do not provide the level of functionality that the AIO's do with programmable set points.

Was this issue ever resolved? I am having the exact same problem after accidentally running batteries too low. I have disconnected my batteries and tested them. They have charged using utility power through the growatt and appear normal. I am showing 100v of solar at the pv lugs inside the Growatt and it does not seem to recognize that any pv is connected whatsoever. Did this turn out to be a failed hardware issue? Looking for next steps, thank you!

I am having similar on spf 3000tl lvm.
Lcd shows panel but no lines to indicate charging. Led charge light blinking, only voltage shown on lcd pv voltage is the battery voltage. Pv @ 110-113v tested from array down to breaker to unit. Shunt display shows several hundred watts in but in full sun it never climbs higher.
Lcd on unit sometimes shows 35-50w charging.
Klein cl390 shows all good. Leaving the growatt the culprit. Internals look great w/ minor oxidation on bat and pv bus.
Never an issue for 3yrs.
Any solutions for you guys here?

I am having similar on spf 3000tl lvm.
Lcd shows panel but no lines to indicate charging. Led charge light blinking, only voltage shown on lcd pv voltage is the battery voltage. Pv @ 110-113v tested from array down to breaker to unit. Shunt display shows several hundred watts in but in full sun it never climbs higher.
Lcd on unit sometimes shows 35-50w charging.
Klein cl390 shows all good. Leaving the growatt the culprit. Internals look great w/ minor oxidation on bat and pv bus.
Never an issue for 3yrs.
Any solutions?
Relay cont. Clicking on and off for pv charging, lcd shows the 110v on pv. Then clicks off and back to bat voltage on pv lcd.

Back