diy solar

diy solar

Growatt MIN series battery requirements

What do you think will happen if I connect Growatt hybrid inverters with separate AC loads through DC battery out (drawing below)?
I don’t see how it could break anything trying, wire it up with a breaker between them and a clamp on amp meter so you can see what happens. Note that I was talking about the MIN-TL-XH-US inverter, the one in your drawing is the European version. I’ll probably try it this fall when it is nice mild temperature and put a 16 amp breaker between them. What ever the result is would be useful learning.

I don’t see how it could break anything trying, wire it up with a breaker between them and a clamp on amp meter so you can see what happens. Note that I was talking about the MIN-TL-XH-US inverter, the one in your drawing is the European version. I’ll probably try it this fall when it is nice mild temperature and put a 16 amp breaker between them. What ever the result is would be useful learning.
Do you think I can connect two MIN-TL-XH inverters to one battery?

Do you think I can connect two MIN-TL-XH inverters to one battery?
With the -US version I expect it would work, but you would be relying on the battery BMS to prevent discharge rate being too high. The reason I believe it would work is I inadvertently wired an ARO battery to one inverter and plugged the communication cable of another inverter into the battery- the battery woke up and provided discharge, and the inverter it was wired to used it.

It's been a while since anyone added to this thread. Has anyone figured out how to add non-Growatt batteries to the MIN TL-XH Growatt inverters? (besides LG RESU batteries which are also pricey).

It's been a while since anyone added to this thread. Has anyone figured out how to add non-Growatt batteries to the MIN TL-XH Growatt inverters? (besides LG RESU batteries which are also pricey).
I'm also very interested in this idea. I just can't spend thousands of dollars hoping it will work lol.

I'm also very interested in this idea. I just can't spend thousands of dollars hoping it will work lol.
There are a lot of people on this forum (including the owner) who make income on 48 vdc battery equipment in various ways. It would be nice to see one of them realize they could sell a device that would sit between a set of “generic” 48 volt DC battery and several of the more popular inverters with high voltage batteries.

Typical DC-DC converters only work in forward direction. High power bidirectional DC-DC converters would be required for these HV Growatt inverters to work with 48v batteries. They are not simple or cheap to design and make. If they were Growatt would have included one in the inverter like others (e.g. Solark, EG4, etc.).

You could try emailing or calling Growatt sales and see what they might tell you. You never know what secret option someone might accidently tell you about.

I believe its purpose was for the non-US versions of the inverter, to directly charge the ML33RTA batteries, which are the batteries inside the ARO Battery cabinets. I believe if you search on ML33RTA you will find non-US sites and forums that reference that charger. I have not looked in a while but I know a couple of years ago I found European forums with pictures folks had posted of their installation using it.

Attachments

• Growatt-USA-Contacts.jpg
    Growatt-USA-Contacts.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2
I have one of the ML33RTA batteries .i got the min 11.6-us inverter, the the transformer and battery all brand new for $800 but im still stuck. The Min3000BDCBL is only 3kw capable but can be stacked . the webpage that posted the pages i linked is from austraia

its a autotransformer to run splitphase when its off grid .I think it has a transfer switch in it too

I believe there is a similar LG battery that will work with it. But the choices are limited...

its a autotransformer to run splitphase when its off grid .I think it has a transfer switch in it too

I’d like to have it and the battery- long way away though

I'm still hopeful.could get it going for a whole house solution. my current setup is solaredge 6k grid tie and a couple separate off grid systems that require i switch a couple transfer and battery switches to get goinginverters.jpg

I believe there is a similar LG battery that will work with it. But the choices are limited...
The LG RESU10H Prime is claimed to be compatible. Apparently SUNRUN uses a lot of them. But I have yet to get mine to work.

I cant bring myself to pay 5k or more for a 9.6 KwHr battery .I have 40 KwHr's of new surplus LFP's price average of $70 a KwHr
If you can get those to work with the MIN, that would be awesome. I would never pay $5K for the LG battery. I got it for 2500, but it is still pricey at that.

Back