diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000ES firmware update

yes it still works normally, but error 02 still shows on the LCD
I have 8 panels 550w (50v 14ah)

yes it still works normally, but error 02 still shows on the LCD
I have 8 panels 550w (50v 14ah)
Well its working fine I would rather chase the supplier of the unit to maybe exchange it, what country did you buy it in? But if you still think the firmware is going to do anything, just remember the 230v from the Grid and the output to the load must be isolated and the panels turned off, the unit must only be powered by the battery when doing the Firmware.

Well its working fine I would rather chase the supplier of the unit to maybe exchange it, what country did you buy it in? But if you still think the firmware is going to do anything, just remember the 230v from the Grid and the output to the load must be isolated and the panels turned off, the unit must only be powered by the battery when doing the Firmware.
ok, thanks

Sky link , I tried opening the update you posted , but nothing there ?
It's all there, But this is not an update "Nasser1" requested the original firmware for some reason, and if you are not familiar with doing these updates, rather leave your unit as is, you do not want to end up with a problem.

Attachments

• firm.png
    firm.png
    24 KB · Views: 28
It's all there, But this is not an update "Nasser1" requested the original firmware for some reason, and if you are not familiar with doing these updates, rather leave your unit as is, you do not want to end up with a problem.
Right , I was looking as I have some issues with my system and was told I should update from supplier . I am on
48 02 909
49 02 907
This is how the system was supplied

Right , I was looking as I have some issues with my system and was told I should update from supplier . I am on
48 02 909
49 02 907
This is how the system was supplied
But the firmware you have must be another model, this is only for SPF5000ES what is the model number of your unit?

What is the difference ? I understood the only difference was the ES is a USA120 v version?
Right, you will need to get onto Growatt or your local Growatt guys and see if they can supply you with the firmware or search the net to see if it's out there.
Yes I ve been trying to get answers from growatt but it's like trying to raise the dead ☹️

What is the difference ? I understood the only difference was the ES is a USA120 v version?

Yes I ve been trying to get answers from growatt but it's like trying to raise the dead ☹️
The ES is a 230v unit and may also have a 120v version, but your unit at a guess has a different mcu , and not SUB mode? Just phone Growatt and speak to technical and ask them to send you the update.

The ES is a 230v unit and may also have a 120v version, but your unit at a guess has a different mcu , and not SUB mode? Just phone Growatt and speak to technical and ask them to send you the update.
I will if you give me the phone number?

Hello

Have someone the 40.02 and 41.02 and
40.03 and 41.03 firmware?

Bexause have bo much problems 1 week worked and then

Now. Very bad problems.

Have updated to

05/40/619 and 05/41/619

Since 2 weeks

However, for about a week now, since this week Tuesday, the d3r inverter has been dying by itself again without an error message

Does anyone have such a problem because the power is always gone for 2 minutes so the NAS and PS4 are noticed in standby

Happens almost every day since Tuesday.

I installed a camera today to see what's happening because you can't find any logs without errors, right? Is it possible to read log files via usb or something?

It's bad if it restarts by itself or the island network disconnects although it's on bypass and or battery so I'm looking for what it is now.

Then everything on it is always without power although sometimes on battery or bypass from the mains it restarts or whatever unfortunately no errors in the Growart shineserve app or online let's see what the camera is recording when it does that.

Are there logs to read? Via USB or something?

Attached video.

It does that or such things every day or often all 2 days now no gotten it at video will record next days do see always same or not

But why? It does that?

No logs or errors :( how can find the problem?

Can you send my my old firmware that i can use that again it worked and can you send links to all firmwares you have that i can test to fix the bad bad problem ?

This at video
Was at 23 november at 6:50

I checked whole days and logs now when nas restartet and compered camer recordi g 24 ähours of both days now.

Also was at 23 november
At 4:30, 6:50, 14:01, 21:30

And 24november today

Today it happend all 1h 30 mintues at morning 24 November European Vienna tim i then changed from bat priority to pv&util prority to test if it gets fixed for not it work.

But now no pv and battery low so its again at bypass but it also happend at battery discharge but not at video now need record bow next weeks

Today
At 3:00 and 4:30, 6o clock, 7:30, 9, 10:30 and 12:15

Ca times have all at video very crazy

Same as at the video i sended

It always cut of the island network power and start again all devices pcs hdds nas going out :( very bad

Very bad so because utimity here and it cuts
Of when need as USV USP :(

Thank you

Attachments

• petal_20221123_181248.mp4.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
I do have it somewhere but not on this pc, can have a look in the morning, but here is the latest if you want to give it a bash, and do the factory reset after you done

Great thank you yes if you have you can send me all old firmwares you have that i can check and find if some is the o e i had before and if that fixes it.

You upload here or by PM?

Thank you found it but not how can fix or why it is

The Growatt SPF 5000ES should wotk aldo without wifi stick or not hmm

Hello

Found the crazy stupid problem

Why the Inverter not work anymore without Wifi Stick want test what makes the problem of switch off off grid net

See videos

1. When unplug the wifi stick the off grid goes out.

2. When plug in the off grid start - bypass again

3. then when wifi stick startet the stick and off frid goes down

4. then the wifi stick blinks 2 times red and then goes green and off grid start again

5. It works but then does same also sporatic over the day very bad

For testing also tryed with and without wifi router connectet it does that restart of wifi stick if no wifi connected all 1,3 - 1 1/2 hours

If wifi connected it does often also all 1,3 or 1 hours or 4 hours or sometimes work 1 day or 2 days but now always sporatic.

But very bad devices have now defects, routers ddwrt reset to default because

Power goes on for some seconds then goes off thenn goes on Again

Also NAS and PS4 not like that

The Siemens Oven in the kitchen resered neede Varation Code and now it not start sometimes anxmore because that power on off on off

Dont know how can fix or what makes the problem

It started 1 weeks after upgraded the firmware of the inverter.
But think its an HW defect at Wifi stick or at the COMM Board or so?

In 2nd s-w night video see how it does automatic

Regards

Attachments

• Growatt SPF 5000 ES Wifi stick problems.zip
    16.1 MB · Views: 67
Great thank you yes if you have you can send me all old firmwares you have that i can check and find if some is the o e i had before and if that fixes it.

Hello

Why the Inverter not work anymore without Wifi Stick want test what makes the problem of switch off off grid net

See videos

4. then the wifi stick blinks 2 times red and then goes green and off grid start again

For testing also tryed with and without wifi router connectet it does that restart of wifi stick if no wifi connected all 1,3 - 1 1/2 hours

If wifi connected it does often also all 1,3 or 1 hours or 4 hours or sometimes work 1 day or 2 days but now always sporatic.

The Siemens Oven in the kitchen resered neede Varation Code and now it not start sometimes anxmore because that power on off on off

Regards
Before you do all these changes maybe just remove all load from the unit, start it up on battery only and do a reset.
If you still having issues: When the inverter is restarted, press button UP+DOWN buttons together and input password 305 to reset
the inverter parameters. After you input the password 305, you will enter the setting option
34, press enter twice, and the system will execute a reset operation for several seconds, then you
can use the inverter, hope this helps

Hello

See videos

Regards
One other point is the unit can work with wifi or without, now I have been hunting for older firmware and this seems to be the oldest I have right now.

Attachments

• ISP for ES SK040.03_20201221A.rar
    12.9 MB · Views: 58

Yes thank you will try this steps first
It the same reset i did after firmware upgrade. I resets all settings off inverter.
?

but can you send or upload and post if you find thank you.

Then i can try then also if reset not help if at the old firmware i was if same problem so its hardware problem

Edit: zhank you for this firmware will test if reset not helps

Yes thank you will try this steps first
It the same reset i did after firmware upgrade. I resets all settings off inverter.
?

but can you send or upload and post if you find thank you.

Then i can try then also if reset not help if at the old firmware i was if same problem so its hardware problem

Edit: zhank you for this firmware will test if reset not helps
Went hunting on an external drive I have and found this

Attachments

• ISP for BP&ES SK040.02 20200909_A.rar
    13.7 MB · Views: 62
thank you will check all and try how do fix the problem

also wrote growatt but takes weeks for answers :( thank you so much for fast help

EDIT: Have you also 40.05-41.05.701?

Last edited:
thank you will check all and try how do fix the problem

also wrote growatt but takes weeks for answers :( thank you so much for fast help

EDIT: Have you also 40.05-41.05.701?
Both 40.05 one later than the other

Attachments

• ISP for ES SK040.05_20210619_A.rar
    12.9 MB · Views: 68
  • ISP for BP 5KW Inverter with 450v mppt.rar
    15.1 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Thank can you upload all firmwares you have in google folder or so?

Fixed with reset of wifi stick and downgrade to 40.02 why no log or so at usb or so to find the problem if it happens again ? crazy problem how can that be? Im the first with this?

Thank you

Hi everyone,

I recently received the latest firmware (F2809_SK040.06_20220104_A.bin and F030_SK041.06_20220104_A.bin) and ISP tool 4.21 from Growatt support in China and tried to update the firmware but the ISP Tool keeps on sending "Send: Start!" endlessly and my inverter is not starting nor the firmware is being flashed.

I used to have the firmware version 040-05-701 and 041-05-701 but after the tool failed to start the inverter I can now see 008-00-316 and 041-05-701 and the inverter is not working.

Need some help please.
Hi i am stuck at same point after following growatt personnel instruct remotely... now we are stuck and i am in total darkness. did you manage to resolve the issue. if yes, kindly assist with information. Thank you in advance

Hi i am stuck at same point after following growatt personnel instruct remotely... now we are stuck and i am in total darkness. did you manage to resolve the issue. if yes, kindly assist with information. Thank you in advance
You are stuck with what? Not doing the update?

diy solar

diy solar
Back