diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 5000ES firmware update

01. Cold start wont work.
02. I used the attached files to update.
03. I cant remember the exact FW i had before, i think the last 3 digits are 104.

Do you have the latest firmware and isp tool?
Was it 067/068? and what was the reason you wanted to update? Noisey fans or just because

Attachments

• firmware pic.jpg
    firmware pic.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 26
01. Cold start wont work.
02. I used the attached files to update.
03. I cant remember the exact FW i had before, i think the last 3 digits are 104.

Do you have the latest firmware and isp tool?
If the firmware in the picture above is what you had, you need to update with this firmware.

If the firmware in the picture above is what you had, you need to update with this firmware.
I have this exact firmware (067 01) will your shared update files fix the noisy fans issue
Don't have the issue with my older growatt with the older board and firmawre
Thanks

what is the updated firmware number shown in the display after the update?

067 F4 A27 / 068 F4 A27
Hi skylink, this info is not correct. I took me the last 1.5hours to update both of my inverters with the new firmware which will be displayed as
067 02 6.21
068 02 6.21

guys, if you are brave enough to flash this firmware to your newer hardware version SPF´s don´t hesitate the firmware tool is not really reliable and crashes a lot. but to be honest with a lot of time and patience you will get your inverters flashed correctly. took me about 5 runs on each inverter to get everything done. in the process the firmware flash crashed about 5 times in between, on one inverter all the display icons lighted up completely. on the other one the display was totally dead for 4 flash procedures... This reminds me on growatt´s german customer service

Attachments

• 20230124_231616.JPG
    20230124_231616.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hi skylink, this info is not correct. I took me the last 1.5hours to update both of my inverters with the new firmware which will be displayed as
067 02 6.21
068 02 6.21

guys, if you are brave enough to flash this firmware to your newer hardware version SPF´s don´t hesitate the firmware tool is not really reliable and crashes a lot. but to be honest with a lot of time and patience you will get your inverters flashed correctly. took me about 5 runs on each inverter to get everything done. in the process the firmware flash crashed about 5 times in between, on one inverter all the display icons lighted up completely. on the other one the display was totally dead for 4 flash procedures... This reminds me on growatt´s german customer service
Well, I don't know what's going on with your unit, What was the Firmware ver before you tried to update? I have done a few without any problem and 2 or 3 guys on this forum have also done the update to get the fans to a normal speed. and after the update are fine and displays 067 F4 A27 / 068 F4 A27 , did you use the 4.3 ISP Tool? also in that lot is an updated driver for the USB and the new coms boards, xrusbser_2600_signed_win7.zip, Did you have the unit powered by battery only during the update?

yes I followed the procedures... uswd the win10 signed driver in the package... the F4 versioning doesnt make sense due to the naming convention of growatts firmwares. Can you please switch on the device display to the firmware and post a photo here...

i updated from 067 01 1.04 and 068 01 1.04 I have the newer hardware version displayed in the growatt cloud as N-G at the end...

my units where only powered by battery. has several flashing timeout messages popping up but finally done now I will test this morning how the devices and fanspin behave.

Did you updated from a 040 and 041 firmware?

Last edited:
yes I followed the procedures... uswd the win10 signed driver in the package... the F4 versioning doesnt make sense due to the naming convention of growatts firmwares. Can you please switch on the device display to the firmware and post a photo here...

i updated from 067 01 1.04 and 068 01 1.04 I have the newer hardware version displayed in the growatt cloud as N-G at the end...

my units where only powered by battery. has several flashing timeout messages popping up but finally dpne know will test this mor ing how the devices and fanspin behave.

Did you updated from a 040 and 041 firmware?
You cannot update 040/041 on these units, not the same hardware, the update was from 067 01 104 / 068 01 104

Attachments

• 067 F4 A27.068 F4 A27.jpg
    067 F4 A27.068 F4 A27.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 24
You cannot update 040/041 on these units, not the same hardware, the update was from 067 01 104 / 068 01 104
I have to revise my statement. Seems it was my fault and I accidentally flashed an old Firmware from June 2022 to my devices... will try later again with the right files... fingers crossed!

I have to revise my statement. Seems it was my fault and I accidentally flashed an old Firmware from June 2022 to my devices... will try later again with the right files... fingers crossed!
;) No big deal, It will stop the fans running at full speed 24/7

Done, I recently flashed the correct F4 firmware and can confirm it is shown as 067 F4 A.27 and 068 F4 A.27. Beside the lower fan spin I realized that there are other changes in the firmware. At least at P12, P13 and P21 there has to be a minimum of 5% difference otherwise the inverter is not taking the value anymore. This was different at the older 067/068 01 firmware. let´s test a little bit around and maybe they hopefully adressed also the issue with the SBU mode and random bypass switching issue. btw this time the flash procedure went to the end without any issues on both of my inverters

Last edited:
Done, I recently flashed the correct F4 firmware and can confirm it is shown as 067 F4 A.27 and 068 F4 A.27. Beside the lower fan spin I realized that there are other changes in the firmware. At least at P12, P13 and P21 there has to be a minimum of 5% difference otherwise the inverter is not taking the value anymore. This was different at the older 067/068 01 firmware. let´s test a little bit around and maybe they hopefulle adressed also the issue with the SBU mode and random bypass switching issue. btw this time the flash procedure went to the end without any issues on both of my inverters
Ok well glad your fans are good, I do not have one of these units so cannot comment, a good friend of mine has one, I am on the older hardware 040, I'm sure we will not see any updates soon as they still having new year.

New to the forum, new to solar/battery backup. US trained surgeon by trade working in Burundi recently installed the SPF 5000es and a couple LL4 48v batteries. They've been running smoothly except a couple weird hiccups since I commissioned them 12/26/22. Been having a great deal of trouble with communication though. Tried and abandoned the shine wifi and moved over to Solar Assistant. Still having my communication drop with the status alternating between connected and No Response Retrying... Updated from 067 01 1.04 / 068 01 1.04 to 067 F4 A.27 / 068 F4 A.27 without issue. (THANK YOU SO MUCH for making this update so readily available! The improvement in fan noise is amazing!) Still having the same connection issue with Solar Assistant. Does anyone have any ideas how to resolve the communication interruptions? (Tried adding a large ferrite core, full resets, reboots, and now FW upgrade)

Back