diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPH 5000TL BL-UP Charge Battery overnight on cheap rate electricity

radiomean

Hi, I have a Growatt SPH 5000 and a Growatt Battery GBLI 6532. I have been on the Octopus Intelligent tariff (10p per kWh for 6 hours overnight) for a month and of course, if my battery is low or not charged I can set the SPH 5000 to charge the battery from the grid at the low 10p rate and effectively have 6 kWh of 10p electricity to use in the day...

However when I look in the Growatt Shine server program (in the section 'devices - settings'), there are the usual dire warnings 'only authorised people to modify these settings' and 'it's on your risk if you break this' ... I've screen shotted the relevant section (attached) and would appreciate advice to confirm that the battery will charge from the grid using time slot 1, from 0200 to 0400? And hopefully will charge normally from the Solar PV normally at other times...

Also, I think the 'key to save' (password) is just Growatt25032023 (Growatt and today's date?)

Thanks!

Attachments

• Battery setting.JPG
    Battery setting.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 26
Hi. Sorry i assume you've tried this now. But yes your settings are correct. Also, is that deffinitely your inverter part no.? I thought i wqs getting that one but it's the international version. The UK one is limited to a 3kw battery charge and discharge. I only just found this out and I'm raging. I wanted the 4kw discharged and paid more for this inverter to be installed due to that!

The growatt models are somewhat confusing....

The SPH can only charge the battery at 3kw (which is pants for a 5kw inverter). The SPH BL-UP model (latest version) can charge at 4kw - but only if 1kw of that is coming from the Solar (so only of use during the day which is of no use during the octopus low rate tarrif either!

If I had know this beforehand I probably would not have gone Growatt - but I am too far in to turn back now.

Back