diy solar

diy solar

Growatt inverter SPH 5000TL BL-UP charging battery issue.

Jbstudio

My Growatt inverter seems to be underperforming when it comes to charging my lithium battery, as it's only providing a maximum of 2.7 kW from the grid. However, I noticed that by adjusting the inverter settings and switching the battery type to lead acid, the inverter is able to charge the battery at a higher rate, reaching up to 3.8 kW. I've already verified that the charging current setting is at 100%, yet the issue persists when using a lithium battery. Has anyone else encountered a similar problem and can offer assistance in resolving it? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Did you ever happen to try setting the battery type to custom user profile on the charge profile and plug in manual settings like here:

or here:

The thing I wonder about setting it to lithium, is if it is trying to charge using battery comms (via CANbus or RS485) cable and not getting good communication received, or something weird like that.

Settings to custom user profile will allow it to charge based on voltages, comms are not really needed anyways.

I am not a Growatt enthusiast so my answer may be somewhat generic as I am not as familiar with working on those models, but just thought I'd throw in my quick suggestion for something to check or try as a test to see if you can improve the charging rate.

How does it perform on solar charging? Or do you have any solar attached?

Back