diy solar

diy solar

GSL Inverters

Dyotat100

Posted in inverters also but thought this might get more traffic.

Anyone using one? They seem to be the one making the Sol-Ark. I have ran out of luck finding 240/120 parallelable inverters that are UL listed.

Biggest issue is support and shipping. Shipping by boat is a crap shoot and by air is $850 for 2.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220306-204754_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220306-204754_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220307-091311_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    Screenshot_20220307-091311_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 6
The 120/240V split phase output is certainly a great feature.

The 8kW is not clear, would it be 2 x 120V 4kW since there is a 48V 190A Max load?

Also the 12A MPPT input seems a little bit low.

Is there a bigger version?

It is meant to be paralleled with multiple units.

It has 4 PV inputs so you would have to do home runs on the panels. I'm going to ask if its 4 4000 w or it doesn't matter up to 12,000 w. I only have 20 405 w panels so will work. I plan on getting 2

What is the cost of such unit?

Which other sytems did you looked at?

What are the Voc and Imp of your 405 PVs?

If you have 20 panels and 4 MPP trackings, what string combinations are you using?

Last edited:
I was waiting for the new MPP split phase. But now I'm told May and only 50 units. I'm on the list but who knows if I going to get 2.

There isn't a lot of 240 split phase that are UL.
Price is $1980 ea and $850 to air freight 2

I was waiting for the new MPP split phase. But now I'm told May and only 50 units. I'm on the list but who knows if I going to get 2.

Ouch

Posted in inverters also but thought this might get more traffic.

Anyone using one? They seem to be the one making the Sol-Ark. I have ran out of luck finding 240/120 parallelable inverters that are UL listed.

Biggest issue is support and shipping. Shipping by boat is a crap shoot and by air is $850 for 2.

Thanks
GLS rebadges deye inverters.
e.g. they are the same as sol-ark and sunsynk

I have ran out of luck finding 240/120 parallelable inverters that are UL listed.
1741 i think is what I need. Thats what most are

It seems that if you are not Grid-Tied, Inverters in general are listed UL1741 with the Neutral floating.
So you can find now a large number of Splitted Phase Inverters to choose from.

For a total of about $5k, I think that I would use a single bigger SSC Inverter instead of two smaller ones.
This would be more efficient and the MPPT input could be could accept a bigger Vop and Imp and makes your PV strings simpler.
But there might be other reasons for making your choice.
I am also building a solar system, so I am also interested looking any solar project solutions.

Last edited:
I am grid tied for back up. I live in the city in Comifornia and just tired of paying SCE. They can shut us off anytime they feel the wind is going to cause a problem. Last year was almost 48 hrs off. So far they haven't this year.

So my inverters need to be UL if i get caught. Not permitting but doing it all right. I want multiple units so I can add in future. Right now the plan is to leave the 50 amp breaker going to my garage powered by the grid. I have lathe mill and welders. I tend to work out there after dark and also don't want to torcher a inverter with lathe on and off all day

Back