diy solar

diy solar

Halo battery monitor?

Terrapin

I hope I remembered the name correctly. They are used in place of a shunt monitor.

In a few videos on YT, that I can't find again, Will and others use a battery monitor that works like a clamp on Ohm meter with a coil around one of the batteries leads. It recorded time and Ah, and showed V ect. It was used in a few battery tests.

I looked up Halo battery monitor on Amazon but got nothing useful.

Can anyone steer me to a decent one of them or a proper search name?

Is this what you are looking for, available on Amazon UK.

monitor

AliExpresss

monitor 2

There are other variants with a wireless link between the sensor coil and the display.

Mike

Last edited:
I hope I remembered the name correctly. They are used in place of a shunt monitor.

In a few videos on YT, that I can't find again, Will and others use a battery monitor that works like a clamp on Ohm meter with a coil around one of the batteries leads. It recorded time and Ah, and showed V ect. It was used in a few battery tests.

I looked up Halo battery monitor on Amazon but got nothing useful.

Can anyone steer me to a decent one of them or a proper search name?
Hall effect monitor. I love them. But I do not see them used here often. Not sure why

Here is one I use in the 2 battery case, with the second batt not installed. It has a remote screen too
20210125_111458.jpg
20200629_163747.jpg

I'm not sure how the accuracy compares to shunt type .... Also, some of the Hall Sensors may not be bi-directional.

I'm not sure how the accuracy compares to shunt type .... Also, some of the Hall Sensors may not be bi-directional.
Mine is bidirectional. Matches my Victron SCC spec for spec on the batt voltage, amps, watts, and SOC on the charge side. No surprises from the meter on the discharge side. So no reason to think those specs are not just as accurate

Mine is bidirectional. Matches my Victron SCC spec for spec on the batt voltage, amps, watts, and SOC on the charge side. No surprises from the meter on the discharge side. So no reason to think those specs are not just as accurate
Was it this by any chance?, It was what I'd bought hoping to confirm the results from the little heatsink/fan battery tester I have that was about $40 on amazon. Assuming similar test results I can then use it permanently mounted in the camper. My older eyes needed the better colors than the green screen one.

Was it this by any chance?, It was what I'd bought hoping to confirm the results from the little heatsink/fan battery tester I have that was about $40 on amazon. Assuming similar test results I can then use it permanently mounted in the camper. My older eyes needed the better colors than the green screen one.
"this" what?

Back