diy solar

diy solar

Heat pump soft start suggestions

Wv lew

I have a 3 ton heat pump that is running on an eg4 6000 ex. Lights dim when it starts but it seems to be working fine.

I don’t want to kill my compressor or inverter so I’m thinking about a soft start but not
Sure which one to Get. Looking for
Suggestions and comments.

A friend just bought one of those for starting his AC on a generator when he camps. Most of the features of the micro air you will never use. Ther is one about half the price which will do just about as good. Going from a low startup of 17A to 20A probably isn't worth the extra. For those who really want to be cheap, A delay timer that starts the compressor 10 seconds after the fan turns on will cut down on startup surge.

I have 2 EasyStart units. Both work great.
Cut the start up from 70 + amps to under 25 amps.

While you’re at it, you may want to check or replace the “run capacitor”. It’s cheap and easy. It’s probably the most common air conditioner problem. If it’s bad it has to be replaced before any easy start, soft start or hard start device is installed. De energize the condenser first then the capacitor(s) before working on it. Also make sure your battery cables are sufficient and battery capacity. DC supply voltage sag can also cause dimming.

Unistrut ground mount

says currently unavailable
With a 3 ton, you probably don't need that exact one anyways. I put the 16A version on my smaller AC. My larger AC has a surge current of over 100A!

Tha
While you’re at it, you may want to check or replace the “run capacitor”. It’s cheap and easy. It’s probably the most common air conditioner problem. If it’s bad it has to be replaced before any easy start, soft start or hard start device is installed. De energize the condenser first then the capacitor(s) before working on it. Also make sure your battery cables are sufficient and battery capacity. DC supply voltage sag can also cause dimming.
nks. All great points. I changed the caoacitir1 week ago, unrelated. I used 4/0 battery cable. Thanks gif the points!

I put a Micro Air EZ start (Bluetooth) on my Air Conditioner/Heat Pump on my MotorHome. It went from 27.9amps to 16.5amps - No wonder my Multiplus 3000 was giving me warnings when I started it!

I have a 3 ton heat pump that is running on an eg4 6000 ex. Lights dim when it starts but it seems to be working fine.

I don’t want to kill my compressor or inverter so I’m thinking about a soft start but not
Sure which one to Get. Looking for
Suggestions and comments.
I just bought the icm
Soft start for my 3 ton. We shall see how this goes. Ah it I’d be here tomorrow.

Hopefully good. I will point out while installing the Micro Air, I did notice ICM made the control board for my FHP Geothermal...which has been flawless for 20 years :) 20230814_161616.jpg

Back