diy solar

diy solar

Heletec 4s 380a bms legit or fake numbers

alishac

So I'm in a facebook group that's dedicated to 12/24 volt hacks and tricks or something along those lines..

Pretty much diy people that I seen no one that really know what they talking about.

So one guy was asking about lithium batteries and what brand is good and one popped up called custom batteries.
customlithium.com.au.. One thing I dislike is that they mislead by stating the batteries are manufactured by them which is incorrect
as the cells are made in china.. All they are doing is putting the battery together.

They got a 400ah compact lithium battery and the bms states 380a BMS which would be a heltec 3s/4s 380a bms..
They also state it can charge at 200ah continuous.. Yet on the heltec site it says max charge 100a though a guy tested the 330a version
and max he got was 95a as for the 380a i highly doubt it.. in the test of the 330a he raun a discharge as high as he could go without burning up the bms which
he got to 298a but the bms was hitting 140F/60c and that was with the bms outside any enclosed case so inside a case he said it would be more like 250.. though I'd say more like 200a.. I highly doubt it could hit anywhere near 380a continuous.. One another video a guy opened up a 180a heltec bms and showed it was pretty much incorrect as 180a more like 100a based on the mosfets and that the copper bars on the bms weren't 99.99% copper . He said he bought the bms off the official hetec bms store on aliexpress which links to the heltec-bms.com site.. So are the numbers on this bms do you think real or fake?

I will link both videos.

Back