diy solar

diy solar

Hello

Scott Martinez

Hi, after I saw the video with the MPP solar all in one, I decided to purchase a LV 2424. I've been running it for almost a year where the inverter runs a media server, washing machine and a couple of other electronics. I have about 1KW of Renogy solar panels and plan to expand that to 1.6 once I have a suitable ground stack built. I need to run a more permanent run of power from the solar array to my basement. I will eventually build a real battery box for the 8 T105's. I have an old laptop (also on the inverter) with a screen sharing so I can check the data log, but would eventually like to run a small web server, or look into a RS232 monitoring the system. I'll do some searching around the site to see what others are using, but I'm open to suggestions. Ultimately, I'd like to have enough power banked to run some appliances in the case of the grid going down. Also, recently, my utility change to smart meters and they called me out for back feeding the grid, so I had to turn that function off figuring that my system would offset phantom loads when I had excess power. Anyway, it's been fun so far learning about this technology. My future purchases will be gear that I can use in a more permanent grid tie system since I think these MPP all in one units seem to have a limited life span. Have a good Sunday!

Back