diy solar

diy solar

Help me Install 3 EG4 Mini Split Solar Heat Pumps

Install of the 12k 1 ton has begun. Drain line install. Copper tomorrow

How to much slope do you think is required to drain ?

No ... as planned and stated earlier, I did not get the unit the correct clearance from the ceiling, but it is only a 7 foot room and I got almost 5"s so it should be OK. And the space I am trying to cool there is about 360 sq ft ,so way over kill for a 1 ton.

Anyway, should be operational on the gird / inverter by the tomorrow.

IMG_20230519_205215~2.jpg

Are you getting the flashing "LP" indication on Indoor unit and in App??

Based on what you describe I think not - if that happens on mine the fans Indoor and out shut off..
So you are saying you lose the green solar panel display on Indoor unit, in my case the Indoor fan continues to run, the gray WI FI indicator stays lit up, and then say 5 minutes after sun comes back out, the green panels indicator comes back on and operation resumes. 1919W draw seems to indicate your array has plenty of power available now.

Any shading or unusual panel angle concerns??
I have never seen an “LP” indication on my indoor unit or app. I simply lose the green solar panel display on the indoor unit. The fan, temp display, and wifi indicator lights remain on for the indoor unit. The app shows zero watts (even though there is clearly some power getting to the indoor unit). The outdoor unit compressor and fan shut off. I have zero shading when passing clouds alone cause this situation to occur . When the clouds clear, brilliant sunshine returns, the outdoor unit won’t power up on its own unless I manually cycle power with the remote or app.

When the clouds clear, brilliant sunshine returns, the outdoor unit won’t power up on its own unless I manually cycle power with the remote or app.
Nope not normal operation. Ugh. I wonder what would cause it to not run a MPPT sweep again then. Does your outdoor unit say built 7/22 like mine??

Are you getting the flashing "LP" indication on Indoor unit and in App??

Based on what you describe I think not - if that happens on mine the fans Indoor and out shut off..
So you are saying you lose the green solar panel display on Indoor unit, in my case the Indoor fan continues to run, the gray WI FI indicator stays lit up, and then say 5 minutes after sun comes back out, the green panels indicator comes back on and operation resumes. 1919W draw seems to indicate your array has plenty of power available now.

Any shading or unusual panel angle concerns??
I have never seen an “LP” indication on my indoor unit or app. I simply lose the green solar panel display on the indoor unit. The fan, temp display, and wifi indicator lights remain on for the indoor unit. The app shows zero watts (even though there is clearly some power getting to the indoor unit). The outdoor unit compressor and fan shut off. I have zero shading when passing clouds alone cause this situation to occur . When the clouds clear, brilliant sunshine returns, the outdoor unit won’t power up unless I manually cycle power with the remote or app.
Nope not normal operation. Ugh. I wonder what would cause it to not run a MPPT sweep again then. Does your outdoor unit say built 7/22 like mine??
My 24k outdoor unit tag says Date Manufactured: 10/2022. I haven't yet installed a ground wire to the chassis of the outdoor unit (operating in pure Muppet Labs mode while experimenting; it's on the to-do list this weekend), but I can't imagine that adding one would help with the MPPT reset? As a very last resort I'll run a temporary 220V feed to the unit - but I bought the unit to run purely off grid.

I also have a 12k unit in a box that I need to set up in a similar fashion (off grid). Will be interesting to see if it has the same MPPT reset issues with passing clouds.

I have never seen an “LP” indication on my indoor unit or app. I simply lose the green solar panel display on the indoor unit. The fan, temp display, and wifi indicator lights remain on for the indoor unit. The app shows zero watts (even though there is clearly some power getting to the indoor unit). The outdoor unit compressor and fan shut off. I have zero shading when passing clouds alone cause this situation to occur . When the clouds clear, brilliant sunshine returns, the outdoor unit won’t power up unless I manually cycle power with the remote or app.

My 24k outdoor unit tag says Date Manufactured: 10/2022. I haven't yet installed a ground wire to the chassis of the outdoor unit (operating in pure Muppet Labs mode while experimenting; it's on the to-do list this weekend), but I can't imagine that adding one would help with the MPPT reset? As a very last resort I'll run a temporary 220V feed to the unit - but I bought the unit to run purely off grid.

I also have a 12k unit in a box that I need to set up in a similar fashion (off grid). Will be interesting to see if it has the same MPPT reset issues with passing clouds.
Muppet Labs, lol. Couldn't rule out the Ground wire until installed?? As an EE I'm sure you know the importance of Analog and Digital ground and so on.

I scanned my indoor unit QR code into the Smart Life app, which ultimately took me back to the Solar Aircon app to download. However, it shows a different date = ??? Looks like I might also be able to WI FI pair my unit to Smart Life, however I'm afraid to lose my 6 months of usage history I've rolled up...Screenshot_20230520_095958_Chrome.jpg

Ok .... So ... the 12k lines are connected and have it at 550psi for the Nitrogen . Holding for 20 min now. I will let it go an hour, the bubble test everything. Then let it sit another hour. The evac for 40 min and let it hold.

But so far ... so good

I scanned my indoor unit QR code into the Smart Life app, which ultimately took me back to the Solar Aircon app to download. However, it shows a different date = ??? Looks like I might also be able to WI FI pair my unit to Smart Life, however I'm afraid to lose my 6 months of usage history I've rolled up...View attachment 149927
Oh wow ... a new version.

Picking on that download link still takes me to the Google Play store and "2020" version Solar Aircon app.

I'm not an app developer nor YouTube certified on it. Is the date on the first screenshot the date the download link was updated or something??

Anybody installing a new unit want to try this Smart Life app angle on it?? Hint hint..

Ok I am getting 2 different apps.

The scan code on the side of the indoor head unit takes me to a page that says 2023 ... but when I click download it takes me to Google Play and the app I am already using that is dated 2021.

BUT ... if I scan the code that @JacksonSolar posted here on p10 ... it takes me to a different app than the Air Con app . Its an app called Smart Life-Smart Living? Can this be used with the Deye/EG4 AC units?

Screenshot_2023-05-20-11-38-15-801.jpg

That's the one.

If you scan the QR code inside of the Smart Life app, takes you back to Solar Aircon app. However you can also WI FI pair manually to Smart Life app which I'm afraid to try under the blue plus sign... Screenshot_20230520_104157_Smart Life.jpg

I'm gonna install it ... if my phone starts smoking, I'm gonna PM you for your phone number ?

I dunno. Do these Smart devices all run some standard communications protocol or such?? Options are similar in Smart Life app to Solar Aircon

diy solar

diy solar
Back